Stolen Bike- Costa Mesa

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Faust29, Aug 2, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    From RSM Neighborhood Watch: stolen bike August 1, 2017

Stolen Bike Alert!!! Bicyclist, Chris Killer had his bike stolen today, August 1, 2017 from his car in Costa Mesa. Thieves smashed the window and grabbed his bike from the car. It's one of a kind bike. We never seen any other people have a Bionicon mountain bike. It's probably the only one in the area. So PLEASE help him folks, be on the lookout and pay attention. Call the Police if you see it. Hopefully he can get his bike back.

Bionicon Alva 180 Air L
    Easton Haven carbon wheels
    Sram X0 drivetrain with Shimano XTR-M965 cranks
    KS Lev 150 dropper post
    Easton Havoc bars
    Bright Green

IMG_0619.JPG

Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 5 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU. That unique ride will be hot indeed.

Solving this crime would be...Killer :cautious:

Danmtchl, Mikie, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    That sucks. I often leave my bike inside the truck, behind the front seats. I often wonder if I should be locking it in there too... though it is harder to spot.

Kanga Steve has one, and Dave/Allison up in Kernville. Have not seen them anywhere else though. Interesting design that seems like a good idea, but didn't really work well IMO.

Pass on the website searchtempest.com to your friend. It lets you search all of Craigslist, Ebay with one search.

Danmtchl, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  4. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    That thing is definitely unique in OC.. Such douchebaggery going on with these thieves. All for the next meth hit in many cases, that's all it's worth to them.

They deserve an eternity of being pinned down and farted on over and over by anyone who has been a victim of bike theft. I have had 3 stolen in my life and according to my wife I am "rotten" and "disgusting" so they'd really be paying for their crimes! Or cut their hands off if the former was too much. :)

Danmtchl, Faust29, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  5. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I hope that the thief gets caught and if necessary, gets treatment for their addictions while serving their time for the crime. Afterwards, they should be given the opportunity to finish school and become a productive member of society.

Wait! This is the USA ! Lets fart on 'em!!!!
    Braaaaap!
    Oops....pushed a little too hard!

I hate bike thieves too.

Danmtchl, Faust29, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    The shop I worked at was a Bionicon Dealer. Interesting bikes....but I didn't like them. Tried a few different models. They were near impossible to resell.

7. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    I thought they could be the quiver killer. Adjust travel and geo at the touch of a button to optimize it for climbing and then descending. And fairly light.

Then I got to demo one. I figured you would use "XC" mode on flat trail and climbs. But using that mode it felt like you were pedalling straight into the hillside...a shocking amount of drag on the drivetrain. Putting it back 3/4 of the way to full downhill mode it pedalled normally. Back at the shop the rep said XC mode is only for the steepest of steep climbs, for everything else use DH mode. To me that made the bike pretty useless. If it has to be in DH mode the majority of the time what is the point of the adjustability?

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    That is exactly the feeling I got while riding them.

9. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I strongly believe that every bicycle at the Long Beach Civic Center is stolen. :( Crackheads gotta have a way to get around, and Long Beach calls itself "The Most Bicycle Friendly City in America."

Danmtchl, Faust29, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  11. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I am not sure how or why this thread devolved into "OMG, that bike sucks!" Point is, a fellow mountain biker had his bike stolen ... so if you happen to f@cking see it on the trails, take care of that problem ... in whatever way you feel comfortable with.

12. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I'm actually surprised the little derail still included discussion of the bike.. usually it would just spiral into talk about boobs, farts and/or tacos. :thumbsup:

Edit - Forgot I already brought farts into this discussion on Wednesday. Still was kinda on topic though. :Barefoot:

13. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I like that we're talking about the bike... The more people talk about something, the more it will stick in their minds. And with this ADD crowd, that little extra can't hurt. :whistling:

14. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I take offence at... Squirrel!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?