Source Outdoor Hipster 1.5L

Discussion in 'Hydration Systems' started by muni, Sep 30, 2017.

1. muni

muni Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5, 16 Spec Camber29
    Got this last week and love it. When I started mountain biking I needed 2.5L of water for a 3 hour ride. Now I'm down to 1L for 2 hour ride, which getting in shape really helped. This helped me ditch the backpack and go much smaller. It holds 1.5L water, has straps so the pack doesn't droop down or move around. Weight and center of gravity is much lower for downhill.

Few items I carry in the pack are keys, iphone, bear spray(you never know), pump or co2, 2 sheets of paper towel and some duct tape. All my tools/tube are on the bike as previously posted. No longer carry food/snacks because of Tailwind.

hipster-hydration-belt.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sm_n_s...ua4EYFNCHOk.vBKPQ&slotNum=0&tag=imtbtrails-20

Also those of you needing something bigger, found a 3L hip pack. https://henty.cc/shop/enduro-backpack/

mtnbikej, kioti, SnakeCharmer and 8 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2015 Intense Tracer 275c DVO
    I can't.... I just... can't... :oops:

3. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion Well-Known Member

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I'll admit, my wife has a Dakine fanny pack for hiking; on road rides and shorter loops (el prieto,) I'll usually use that rather than my 3 liter backpack.
    I'm not sure about those strap though. Kind of reminds me of the "manzier."

4. muni

muni Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5, 16 Spec Camber29
    Straps come off, but anything over .7l, the pack will slide down. You can’t tighten the belt, just elastic. There are a few fanny packs that have hydration systems but most of them are not comfortable. Reason you load up on water you have to cinch the belt tight so it doesn’t move around. Not comfortable when you have a beer belly. I really like this one because the straps off load the weight. They are elastic and just jumping around with 1.5l is not bad at all. I have the black one with neon straps.

5. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I had a fanny pack phase. It kept getting heavier and heavier until I realized I needed some starps for stability and support. Oh yeah, that's called a Camelbak, etc...

6. Faust29

Faust29 MTB Addict

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon SS and Highball
    Tough crowd here! I used to use a fanny pack in my cross country skiing days... And occasionally toy with the idea on the bike.

mtnbikej, Sidewalk, kioti and 3 others like this.
  7. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Well-Known Member

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I've got one of these for ultra running:
    https://www.nathansports.com/hpl-020-hydration-backpack-5025n

I want to try it on the MTB...but I'm afraid of damaging it in a wreck. But it carries the water really low on your back, it is very light, and very adjustable. The pockets up front are great since you can keep things within reach without having to stop. I carry most everything I can on the bike itself (pump, tube, tools, etc) so I don't need a lot of spare room.

8. riiz

riiz Well-Known Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    mtnbikej likes this.
  9. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD MTB Addict

Name:
    Dennis (AKA Dio)
    Current Bike:
    2013 Trek Slash 9 (26er)
    I wear a fanny pack every day around town. I'd be lost without it.

mtnbikej, littlewave and Cyclotourist like this.
  10. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Gunnar Rockhound 29
    Not at the beach, though!

mtnbikej, HBkites and DangerDirtyD like this.