Ride May Valley Trails, Hurkey Creek - Idyllwild.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deocguy, Apr 26, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. deocguy

deocguy Member

Name:
    JB
    Current Bike:
    Specialized
    Friends took me to ride May Valley trail at Hurkey Creek. The trail was amazing. I figured I need to come back next time for camping and riding.

Thanks to Indy for making the video. I hope you guys enjoy!

pperrelle, mtbMike, kioti and 13 others like this.
  2. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    So everything is open, no closed trails??

3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Lots of trails are closed or slated to be closed in the new trail plan. Some new trails will be built. Some no longer exist due to fire damage and if adopted, will be rebuilt. Plenty are open, whether they are listed as adopted or not adopted. Below is what the network will eventually look like. I rode out there last weekend. There were a few trails I couldn't even locate. Some were there but not in good shape.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/480799/27352576/1480182062670/MVTP+Draft+Decision+Notice+MAP.pdf?token=kCMVL644aButKiz/QczZjQEphpE=
    http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/480799/27847382/1520100215090/May+Valley+Trail+Status+2018-2-24.pdf?token=bIdlh2mVAyBKcVc2PS8c1vEvqqk=

Danimal, Faust29, MolarM and 3 others like this.
  4. deocguy

deocguy Member

Name:
    JB
    Current Bike:
    Specialized
    Some or perhaps many trails are still closed. We just rode some of the section the one that are just opened.

Danimal, MolarM, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  5. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    That looks like fun! I've never been.
    Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Danimal, doublewide and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Great info!!! I would love to ride that 24 hour course again. Any idea of when that might open? Summer maybe? Hopefully???

A52AA40A-709E-4440-B334-73F53F537EBF.jpeg

DangerDirtyD and Luis like this.
  7. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Might have been my favorite place to ride in SoCal prior to the fires. It had it all....fast singletrack, features to session, techy tight stuff off on Dos & Tres Hombres. It's sloooowly coming back and you can still get in a decent 12-15 mile ride but I have to say that when I'm done, I'm still wanting more. What I really miss is all the stuff off to your left as you climb the fire road.

DangerDirtyD and doublewide like this.
  8. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Bonita Vista and Woodpile are still there and open. Mirkwood is supposedly getting adopted but you can't even see it. Guess you could ride down Southfork below the road, and back up. I got almost 30mi last Sunday. Climb all the way to top of Southridge for some extra miles. Then pick off trails on the way back down.

I never rode the 24 Hr course so I don't know what would be open or not. But the 2nd link I posted above lists what has been worked on and what is done.

MolarM, doublewide and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?