PSA: Skin

Discussion in 'Health' started by mike, Jul 27, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    My buddy Ed and I did a 3 week Sierra ski tour in June once and ran into only one other skier out there. He was covered head-to-toe in white, including a pillow case hood with eye holes--a real life invisible man. We were sporting straw golf hats and Hawaiian shirts. It was quite a contrast in environmental comfort/risk management protocol. Sunscreen seemed fairly effective but you had to remember to keep your mouth shut. UV rays would bounce off the snow and burn the roof of your mouth. :confused: Truthfully, I was more concerned with avalanches. They were going off all over the place, including on our route both before and after we passed through. Situational awareness and open-minded route finding were our friends.

The unknown comic from the Gong Show comes to mind, but I wanna be more like GeneGene the Dancin'Machine. Can't say there isn't some compromised skin in a hazmat bag with my name on it somewhere though. :eek:

mike and Runs with Scissors like this.
  2. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

Which helmet has a good front visor that can protect front of face even nose (not that big)?

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    The one I attached my custom visor to :cool::

bigassvisor.jpg

It's made out of a $20 4x8' piece of plastic wall board from Home Depot. Easy to work, zip-tied on. Not for people who think that poking holes in your helmet for zip ties will render the helmet useless in a crash.

4. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?