Plug kit love

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike, Jun 19, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    51BbkJOn7AL._SY355_.jpg

I keep finding uses for these little gems on the trail. Too handy! Sidewall, tread; one, two (three?) plugs in one hole. Much easier than installing a tube. They've made me so lazy that I just keep riding on em instead of patching the tire properly.

Ride hard on light tires, and give your sealant a fighting chance. :geek: A worthy $7. Path Live Oak has them.

Voodoo Tom, herzalot, CBone and 11 others like this.
  2. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Voodoo Tom, herzalot, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I was the beneficiary of mike's preparedness on our Maple-Motorway run the other day! My Racing Ralph 2.35 has been on since last October, and has not had a single issue. Main Divide is getting a little chunky in spots, and I put a nice little puncture in the center of the tread. I also took a good spritz of Orange Seal to the face...

The sealant was closing the puncture, but the plug finished the job nicely and faster than tubing it. I used to plug car, truck and tractor tires when I was a kid. Sometimes ran them for the rest of the tire's life with no issue. I'll be adding a plug kit to the bike and getting back to my roots! :D

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I have been carrying a similar kit for a couple of years now. Never had to use it myself but finally got a chance a few weeks ago on @Voodoo Tom's rear tire. He had a puncture in the tread that wouldn't seal. I busted out the plug kit and the first thing he asks is "will that work?" Never tried it but we're about to find out! It was very simple and worked like a charm. I believe he still has the plug in the tire. I won't hesitate to use it on my own tires if and when the time comes.

herzalot, Voodoo Tom, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  5. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    RS VR6, herzalot, UPSed and 6 others like this.
  6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    This thread reminded me to purchase a kit for myself. It's something I have been meaning to do for quite a while now. THANKS! :thumbsup:

7. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Yep that plug worked like a charm and I'm still riding on that tire.

herzalot, UPSed, Mikie and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?