Getting in Serious Shape!

Discussion in 'Health' started by Mrtahiti80, Mar 18, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mrtahiti80

Mrtahiti80 Member

Name:
    abe
    Hey guys, I'm going to make this short and sweet. I'm a dher turned enduro turned road turned xc racer hahaha. What I'm trying to say is that I love riding bicycles doesn't matter what discipline it is. Now, I'm this is the 1st year where I am really getting serious about training, watching my diet, getting good sleep, trying to regulate my alcohol consumption etc. I just want to be the best cycling I can! I'd love to one day race in pro xc and do some awesome endurance events and really just push my body to its limit. I would classify myself as an above average mountain biker but I still have so much more to improve and I feel as If I've hit a wall in my training. I'm a young guy at 29, 6'4 tall and 190lbs. I live in chino hills but I'm willing to drive anywhere.

Is there anyone out there willing to help me achieve me goals?? Anyone want to train with me and push ourselves? This isn't a troll thread. Just an easy going, hard headed, persistent, goal setting mountain biker. CHEERS!!!!!

DangerDirtyD, MattB, Luis and 9 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Join in on some of @Faust29 and @mtnbikej 's rides. You'll be in shape in no time. :thumbsup:

Just be prepared to kick your own a$$.

Me? I no longer go that route..I ride, enjoy it, and sweat.

Mrtahiti80, MattB, Faust29 and 7 others like this.
  3. Mrtahiti80

Mrtahiti80 Member

Name:
    abe
    thanks runs with scissors

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Throwing this over in health. Why? Because I can... and I'm bored to tears...:sneaky::(

Mrtahiti80, MattB, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I'd like to say you've come to the right place, but IMTB doesn't have a whole lotta racers. And few of us watch our diet or alcohol consumption. :whistling: Oh and many of us are almost twice your age...:(

However, riding with a few of the guys on this forum will push both your technical and endurance past logical limits. I am mostly referring to @mtnbikej @Faust29 and @mike , but there are many others on here who think nothing of 5000-10,000' of climbing in a day, and include technical descents in the mix to keep it spicy. And they often do it on hardtail singlespeeds. They are sick people. :confused: o_O But very awesome to ride with.

Welcome! :thumbsup: Hope to see you on the trails someday, although riding with me will not help you in any way. :oops:

Mrtahiti80, Faust29, Luis and 6 others like this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And I'd you haven't already done so, check out the Ride Reports forum. Then Trailhead. :cool:

7. Mrtahiti80

Mrtahiti80 Member

Name:
    abe
    Thank you so much guys for your messages. I will be definitely joining you guys on a ride soon

Faust29, mtnbikej, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    @Mrtahiti80, welcome to a great place to share your love of pedaling! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think herzalot pretty much covered what we're about here – social rides from sane to questionable :eek: I can't take any responsibility for your stats and fitness, but if you wanna mine for fun on singletrack missions in the OC Santa Anas, I'll be getting back to those soon. Emphasis on getting a little scared and a decent workout. :cool:

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Mrtahiti80, Faust29, Luis and 3 others like this.
  9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    This is one of the misconceptions about me.....I'm not a racer, I am not fast...at least I don't think so.

However, I will pedal uphill nonstop til I blow your legs up....then let you recover for a minute before we start climbing again to rip your legs off. If there is anything left after that, we will continue to climb until you feel as though we put your legs through the meat grinder. :thumbsup: It's a really fun day out on the mountain. :D

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    :poop:

11. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And this is what I really like about riding with you. The challenge of making it up the hill without making you wait too long. :eek::thumbsup:

Mrtahiti80, pperrelle and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?