Fox Launch Pro knee pads

Discussion in 'Armor' started by verdugist, Oct 5, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Just tried them on. Got a L/XL and they're very tight on me but they're flexible and seem very durable and made with Kevlar and decent padding. I'll have to try them out on the trail when my knee is better.

2. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I've had some launch pro knee pads for a couple years. Not sure if they are even comparable with the newest version, but... i'd rather have them tight (mine were when new) since like shoes they seem to break in and loosen up a bit, which makes them more comfy. And the velcro straps on mine stretched so they don't do allot anymore. But mine have been fine with the snug fit, don't really need the straps, and never had a problem with them staying in place the few times they actually hit something. I get a little chaffing on the backside of the knee if I climb allot in them, and they are warm (great for the cooler weather coming up :)) . I generally put them in my pack or strap them on the bars for long climbs. Good luck!

Hey is this the product review forum? :oops:

Grego, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  3. verdugist

verdugist Guest

We need a product review or gear talk sub forum it seems...

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I'm working out the bugs on this....(I'm pedalling as fast as I can! :eek:)

UPSed, knucklebuster and Voodoo Tom like this.
  5. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Thanks for moving the thread Mikie! I didn't really look where it was posted at first but "thought" it was in the review thread, so put my 2 cents in. Now let's build on these review threads! :thumbsup:

verdugist and Mikie like this.
  6. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Thanks Mikie. Now if somebody could fix my knee instantly.

Mikie likes this.
  7. verdugist

verdugist Guest

so these Fox pads seem legit but they're somewhat uncomfortable and too tight. But I suppose it's better tight than loose for this application. They seem pretty heavy duty with Kevlar.

Mikie likes this.
  8. verdugist

verdugist Guest

They're feeling less uncomfortable after the first wash in the laundry.

Mikie likes this.
  9. verdugist

verdugist Guest

So I was originally getting a lot of friction on the tendon area behind my knees with these pads scarring it but that has gone away as they have stretched some after use/wash. Main issue I have is they get sweaty really easily and I need to wash them once a week or so.

10. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Maybe you can wash the pads and your bike at the same time? Maybe throw them all in the shower with you? Or have your wife hose you all off in the backyard? :thumbsup:

Mikie, verdugist and mtnbikej like this.
  11. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Or even ride the bike into a backyard pool. The chlorine will kill all the germs I hope. :)

Mikie likes this.
  12. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Mikie likes this.
  13. verdugist

verdugist Guest

"I love a good laugh, don't you? Makes the world go round." --Peter Sellers :)

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?