Flat Pedals! Leaning towards Canfield

Discussion in 'Component Product Reviews' started by Erik H, Jan 13, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg

My buddy checked his other pedal today and found the bearings split. OneUp said they will hook him up and have never seen that kind of damage in their pedals.

2. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Looks like a defective bearing, which im sure they source from elsewhere. Bearing exploded and the balls went everywhere and kinda spun around the axle makin g their own races until a couple got jammed.

3. My beloved Diety T-Mac pedals just developed a “click click click click”. inspection shows lateral play that was not there or not noticed until yesterday.pissed

Bought in July. That’s 4.5 months of continuous use. (November-dec no use) roughly 500 miles. Not happy. I’ve not even looked to see if they are designed for rebuilding. These are not cheap pedals. They should of fat guy rated bearings.

Where is a pedal that is fat guy approved for 5,000 miles?

DangerDirtyD, Danmtchl, mike and 2 others like this.
  4. What does he weigh? Does he power wash them?

Danmtchl and mike like this.
  5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Shimano SPD. Forget all the XT/XTR/Etc. I have roughly 3,600 miles on a set of SPD low-end pedals. They do not break.

If you're using flats and not clipless, I got nuthin'.

6. There are plenty of clipless pedals that will last. It’s the new school of ultra thin flats that seem to be the issue.

7. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Dilemma: rebuild my spike spanks or buy new one up composite pedals for just a few bucks more

Danmtchl and mike like this.
  8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Go with new, particularly if they have a decent warranty.

Danmtchl, mike and Cyclotourist like this.
  9. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    He is in the 260 range. No he doesn’t power wash his bike.

Danmtchl and dustyyoungblood like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    For indestructo factor, I would look at DMR pedals. Mag V12 mentioned earlier; also I see the Vault now in a mag option including a pricey ti axle option. You have to give up a little thinness if you want durability IMO. That said, the triple micro bearings in the Podium take a royal beating. But I’m 175 rtr so ymmv.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?