Calories / fat loss apps?

Discussion in 'Health' started by 7Mary3, Jul 11, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. 7Mary3

7Mary3 Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Current Bike:
    LaPierre Zesty 427 650b
    Anyone else use MFP or similar? Seems like using htis really makes me keep on track, hard time is eating at home as it's hard to find the nutritional content/values..MFP does a good job with estimating though.

Mikie and Faust29 like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I used MyFitnessPal religiously for over a year to go from 300 to a bottom out weight of 190, and now to hold steady around 205... I still use it a good portion of the time, even though I'm finally learning to maintain pretty well without it. Once a food addict, always a food addict...

I found that it was awesome for tracking consumption calories, but not so great at estimating workout calories. In all fairness, Strava isn't so great at estimating calories burned either. Wearing a heart rate monitor gives a more accurate picture...

Mikie likes this.
  3. 7Mary3

7Mary3 Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Current Bike:
    LaPierre Zesty 427 650b
    Yea, I have one of those Polar/heart rate watches..will have to wear that to get a better idea of the workout.

Mikie likes this.