WTB kinetic cycle trainer/26” skewer fork

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fanatic, Oct 28, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 70RSL
    My son did his first mountain bike team ride today. We met the coaches and learned about the equipment that the coaches want us to have for the season.

The coach said we can get a discount on a new kinetic road trainer, but if someone has one laying around I would be interested in purchasing it.

My boy will also be riding a Trek Top Fuel 9.9 mountain bike. The bike is old, but still a lot lighter than what I can afford for a new bike.

The Rock Shox fork has leaky seals, so I am thinking about upgrading to a newer fork of someone has one they want to offer.

We are excited for the upcoming season. I will post up our progress as the races complete.35ADA17C-8843-4F58-BD58-802A8ACA6204.jpeg6A39E4CE-2831-47A1-B0FF-C8B34B757765.jpegD5FA2D75-7E30-48AB-87DB-FB8210CEFE23.jpeg

UPSed, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  2. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    I was able to take the bike to the shop and the said the forks still had parts available. I am going to replace the fork seals and call it good.

The kinetic trainer I am looking for is a T-2200

Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.
  3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    That trainer is a Kurt Kinetic, a very well regarded trainer; especially among the training program companies. Maybe he'll be doing Trainer Road or similar? ( I do Trainer Road and Sufferfest. I met the Trainer Road dudes in Vegas and they are really cool dudes)
    I have one (that I'm keeping) and they are very good.
    About $400 or so new, but you can often find them under $200 on Craigslist and such. I got mine for $125 just 2 years ago.
    They are very durable and last a long time. Very few issues getting a used one.

Here's an older one on Craigslist, but it's the older one.
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bop/d/kurt-kinetic-fluid-trainer/6362331210.html
    It would probably be fine, but it is old. Maybe 10+ years. You would probably want a newer one, they are green. Have been green for maybe almost 10 years.
    The newer ones are still green, but have slightly different knobs.
    Good luck to you and your son.

Fanatic, DangerDirtyD and Danmtchl like this.
  4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    @Fanatic, I've got an old RockShox World Cup (Air) you can have if it'll work for your son's bike. It's got a carbon steerer that's got a crack at the top, but there's 170mm from the crown up that looks solid. It probably needs a service as well, but it's really light.

Fanatic, DangerDirtyD and UPSed like this.
  5. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    I am interested Kioti. Let me know where you are located and we can line up a ride or something.

kioti likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?