WTB Budget Mountain Bike $600

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by pperrelle, Apr 29, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    My neighbors son got lucky and bought a 2013 Trek Fuel from a family friend that was moving but unfortunately it was stolen a few months ago when he and some friends were out riding. He is trying to replace it but hasn’t been able to find anything in his budget. His Dad is a Pastor and he is one of six kids so the budget is not much. He’s hoping to find something like the Fuel (full suspension/disc brake) for under $600. Figured I’d toss it out on here to see if anyone had something hanging in their garage or knew of someone moving something cheap. He would be a size medium. Thanks!

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Good karma, Paul. I’ll post if I see something.

How does one get their bike stolen on a ride? Unattended in front of a store or on a rack is all I can think of.

3. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Thanks Mike, I know it's a long shot but figured I'd give it a try. He and his friends stopped to go down to the creek and look at a little waterfall. Said he was gone less than 10 minutes and when he walked back up his bike was gone. The tough part is that he used his own money to buy the first bike and got a really good deal from a family friend so replacing something similar with the same budget is going to be tough at best.

4. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Hope he was able to recover some of the loss with homeowner's insurance.

Sasquatch9billion and Danmtchl like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Tough situation. Scumbag thief.

Hoping for the best for the kid. We just liquidated extra gear, so pretty barebones, but a few parts still lurking in the bin if a cobble session starts up.

6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    @pperrelle If you’re his neighbor, I know that his neighbor has more bikes than one person can use. Maybe that neighbor can help him out. :cool:

mike, Sasquatch9billion and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?