WTB: 120mm fork

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by SS Barby, May 28, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    Looking to buy a 120mm fork, don't care if it is a Rockshox, Fox or another decent fork. Would prefer boost but I can use a 12 X 142mm. I am building a new hardtail and the Rockshox Reba Rl that I have the steerer tube is too short at 6.5 inches. If someone has one with 7 in. of steer looking to get rid of, I would definitely be interested. Even one that needs some rebuilding.

Danmtchl likes this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Assuming 29” wheels.

Steerer tube extender? :geek:

SS Barby and Danmtchl like this.
  3. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I was thinking of upgrading the fork on my DV9. Having it presold would help encourage me to make the move. It’s a Fox Rhythm 34 Fit Grip damper, boost spacing. 200ish miles. I don’t really know about price since the rhythm is OEM only, but I understand it’s not high end, and I like to price on the cheap side of fair.

UPSed, Faust29, SS Barby and 4 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I don't think you mean 12 x 142mm for a fork. That's rear wheel spacing. Either 100mm (old standard) or 110mm ("boost") for the fork.

mtnbikej, mike, rossage and 2 others like this.
  5. SS Barby

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    @herzalot , Thanks, meant 15X100. I think I might have found a stem with a low stack. The Deity Copperhead has a 30mm stack. That is probably all that I might need. @buggravy I have no problem going OEM.

mtnbikej, Danmtchl and herzalot like this.
  6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    If Barby doesn't go for that one, keep me in mind... The Rhythm used to be found brand new a little north of $200 in Europe. I bought one from Germany for $211 shipped. It's still on the Chameleon. :D Then they got popular, and the price shot up to $500. Not sure if you can even import the new ones anymore...

7. SS Barby

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    @buggravy, if you consider selling let me know.

mtnbikej and Danmtchl like this.
  8. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I also have a Rhythm 34 that I will be selling as soon as I get my new suspension, it’s a boost 29er.

buggravy and mtnbikej like this.
  9. SS Barby

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    I would be interested, I am building this bike from scratch and have a long way to go so let me know when you are ready.

Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  10. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    I have a Manitou Tower Pro 120, 15x100, 6 5/8" steerer tube. Was on my Epic but has been hanging around waiting for another Epic for 4 years... Super easy to tune w/ washers/shim stack...

Danmtchl likes this.
  11. SS Barby

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    A 6 5/8" steerer is too short. Thanks for the offer. That is the length that I have now.

12. strobe

strobe Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Chris
    Still looking? I've got a take off from my Salsa Woodsmoke 27.5+. It's a Rockshox Recon RL Boost 140. I'm not entirely sure if it is a 27.5 (pretty sure tho) or 29'r. I'm also don't know the difference between the Gold and Silver version to give you specific specs. But, I'm pretty sure you can remove the spacer to reduce down to 120.

If you're interested, give me questions and I'll look into it when I get home. I'll get you the approximate A/C and steerer length. Its a tapered steerer and has a Cane Creek crown race installed (i don't have a remover).

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?