Wright E-bikes!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by hill^billy, May 13, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Golden Gate Bridge allows e-bikes if they are powered down.

I don't think the jeep analogy is the best. You can't realistically propel a car with human power. e-bikes function 100% like bicycles powered down or with the battery completely removed.

I think it's similar to riding in a place where certain trails are mtb prohibited but you are allowed to carry or walk the bike in those sections.

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    All correct... Except the Forest Service is perfectly clear in their definition. There is no allowance for “turning it off.”

We can argue their use all day long, but it’s completely irrelevant when the land manager has already ruled and defined their acceptable use.

3. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Very true. Even powered down, they could be viewed as fire hazards. A lot of airlines won't let you carry lithium ion based external batteries cell phones for that reason.

4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    LOL I tell them the same thing when I ride my big Harley down Joplin. "I just shut off the engine, so it's all good" :)

scottay, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    So you are saying if I have "Empties" in my car but not in hand I won't get a ticket for open container? :coffee::)

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    This isn’t Texas. :D:p

7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I said CAR! Not Pick-up!
    With the Pick-up, I just leave the rear slider open and go for a over the shoulder shot!

8. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Cheeseboro is a National Park. It is called a National Recreation Area, which is a National Park. The place is run and maintained by National Park rangers. And you pay your fines to the NPS, Atlanta, Ga.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?