Wright E-bikes!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by hill^billy, May 13, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Sorry lady’s and gents, felt like I have to set the record straight since the original thread was censored. No need for any reactions, but this is the truth! https://wrightwoodebikes.com/

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  2. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    THX! I just signed up for the Big Pines tour!!

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Not censored Dougie, shut down for lack of relevant content.
    Upon going to your link and reading between the lines, it still indicates two types of tours.
    One on fire roads around the ski area up to Inspiration point.
    The other a tour around town.
    Thanks Buddy!

4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Just emailed them and asked what trails they go on

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You’re asking way too much... Reading comprehension is so old fashioned. Let’s just light the pitchforks and pretend we have a clue!

6. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    There was an E-bike store in Idyllwild for a minute. I remember meeting the two partners at Idyology. They both swore that with their combined business experience they could "monetize anything". They were gone when I went up there two months later.

7. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @scan did you ever get a response to your question?

8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    He wasn't specific , wanted to talk by phone so I'll call him this week.

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  9. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Probably doesn't want anything in writing to show up on local forums. :Roflmao

10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Thanks Buddy! I'm VERY interested...:cool:

mountaingirl sara and UPSed like this.
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Interested in going on an ebike tour on the trails? :(:whistling:

12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    That's a Big Bag of Nope!
    Looking to kick some eBike azz if they are poaching non motorized trails with motorized vehicles. :sneaky:

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Come down and warm up in Cheeseboro Park. It's posted at every entrance, even the most remote ones, yet half the riders there are on ebikes.

20190520_074757.jpg

14. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    It's nothing that an uphill singletrack and a 2x4 can't handle from the bushes.... :coffee:

mountaingirl sara and UPSed like this.
  15. Robbie

Robbie Guest

I'm going to Tahoe next month, thought about taking some relatives on Flume trail ride to introduce them to back country riding. Only one or 2 are strong enough for the Spooner-Marlette climb, so I first decided against it, but when I checked https://flumetrailtahoe.com/bike-rentals, was surprised to see they offer e-bikes, and have a note saying they are permitted on Flume trail (but not TRT-Meadows in USFS). It is surprising to me that they are allowed in that fire hazard area by Nevada State parks. So maybe we'll go, and I'll be the only one on a MTB. It is sad to me that they are legal in places like that.

16. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Enforcement in national parks is probably way worse than on local trails... which is already non-existent.

17. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    Easy does it XO Carbon Cowboy. With your luck it would be a crazy old Grandma fulfilling her bucket list to shred the knar on a Mtn bike.

18. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Despite it being perfectly flat with views, the Flume is a terrible choice for a group of inexperienced riders, and double that if we're talking motorized contraptions. Many blind corners, many sighted areas to pick up dangerous speed, lots of exposed areas, narrow trail sections, obstructions, tricky embedded rocks and pipes, two-way traffic, popular, remote. Just really a bad idea for them, for other trail users, and for their skill and fitness building as it relates to BC riding. So many other possible options for new riders in the area. I'd call your plan borderline reckless.

PS: Sad? o_O

19. Robbie

Robbie Guest

No, you reinforced some of the doubts I've had. I rode Flume once 12 years ago and thought it was pretty easy. The group (3 nephews age 14-22) have some riding experience, Floop, Chino Hills, and Los Penasquitos in SD. But you are right, it is probably too much for them. I had the same concern about them fumbling with e-power on an exposed section, and the downhill into Incline, on a 40 lb e-bike (or whatever a specialized levo loafer weighs). What is a better beginner area around North side of Tahoe?

Faust29, Mikie, Derkderkall and 4 others like this.
  20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    @Robbie, thanks for the reply.

There is so much snow up high right now that it may be an issue for trails on the rim itself, depending. Of course, staying lower will open up many options. Unfortunately, they may be a farther drive, depending.

An absolutely thrilling experience for any new (or not new) rider who loves scenery would be the Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway along the Truckee River. Starting at Hirschdale Road near Boca Reservoir, head east for an out back on a little-used dirt road and (overall pretty tame) blue trail. Farther east, there is a long green section, but I have not ridden it. These are on Trailforks, as are others in the area.

Just north of Tahoe City, there is an expansive network of trails. Too many possible options there to list, conditions permitting. Again, Trailforks. Look for green trails and purple forest roads (note that some FRs are very steep, a la North Canyon Rd).

Off the east side is the newly-completed Clear Creak trail off Jacks Valley Rd. The lower part is tame and smooth, a gradual climb through desert to pine forests. You can go up as far as you choose and return. It starts getting steeper and more technical/exposed about 5 miles up.

The Commemorative Overland Emigrant Trail near Stampede Reservoir looks like it would be a good possibility soon if not now. I haven't ridden it, but have tooled around some FRs in that gorgeous area.

If you want someone to pedal with, LMK. I'm in the area, and I was near here last year, so have some of the logistics dialed. The deal right now is snowpack and maybe mud up high. Good for the water table, maybe bad for spring riding. Cheers :)

PS: Glad you are reconsidering the Flume plan. You are right, it is pretty easy – for a mountain biker. :geek:

21. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Spoke to "JR". He said they go on the fire roads "mostly", but then he said they go down table mtn ST, boy scout, middle jackson...."we shut the motors off so its just a mtn bike". He said they are class 1 bikes, "I get a good workout cause it's just pedal assist, not a motor bike"

FYI

22. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Thanks for the follow up. Same song the local P bike shop sings.

23. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I love how they try to justify it. How do you shut the motor off on an ebike?

24. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Huh! What do you know?????

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    So if I'm not mistaken, @ROB Errett of Wrightwood, who just joined imtbtrails yesterday is associated with Wrightwood eBikes. Is that true Rob? It looks that you are Rob Errett Jr. which would make the JR nickname plausible.
    Did a little research with Google to find associating info to corroborate this...

26. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Should be fun when he joins in the discussions... :facepalm:

Turning off the motor does not make it a mountain bike. The Forest Service policy is still that they are allowed only on trails and roads where motor vehicles are allowed. But if there is no enforcement, I think I'll take my Jeep down Boy Scout with the engine off. It's just a scooter at that point.

Forest Service Policy:
    https://mwba.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/20160324ElectricBikesAndTrailManagement_final.pdf

27. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
  28. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
  29. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I couldn't get it to open

Mikie and Faust29 like this.
  30. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?