Why can't jenson be forthright

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Torrent77, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Torrent77

Torrent77 Member

Name:
    Dave
    Venting here, but I ordered some wheels last week which didn't show for a couple of days. I literally called every day for a status only to find out that the inventory was wrong and they put in an order for a back ordered part. This could have easily been resolved days ago, by stating that the inventory was wrong and the part would take a few weeks. No harm, no foul. Instead I get this run around and a half assed appology. Of for those who got their stuff late, wrong, or damaged, Jenson has a policy to give you a $10 gift certificate... BUT.. this policy doesn't apply if you cancel the order.

Venting complete.

Luis, mike, Old&InTheWay and 6 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    Usually my Jenson orders go as planned, but I've gotten the $10 coupon a few times... It doesn't fill me with warm fuzzies. :thumbsdown:

3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    That sort of mishap is often a sign of a failing business. I hope that is not the case here.

Faust29, Danmtchl, pperrelle and 3 others like this.
  4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    I have been using Jenson for years and have maybe had 1-2 issues with an order but a quick phone call resolved any problems.

That's being said I order mostly from www.worldwidecyclery.com now. It sucks that they use USPS and it takes 2-3 days for my order to arrive from literally down the street but if I order on Monday I will have it by Thursday or Friday.

5. Torrent77

Torrent77 Member

Name:
    Dave
    My orders from Worldwidecyclery are done within ebay and they usually ship USPS expedited. They have 2 accounts, and one charges local tax and the other one does not. Kind of a moot point after the supreme court decision regarding internet sales tax, but use it while its there.

Mikie, Faust29, Old&InTheWay and 3 others like this.
  6. mtbMike

mtbMike Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer & Primer
    I live 50 miles from Jenson so almost always get my order the next day. However, their shipper, On Trac, are not the brightest bunch. A couple weeks back, they routed my package thru Sacramento for some reason so the parts I desperately needed didn't arrive before I left town. On Trac has frequently left my packages on the driveway in plain view of anybody driving by instead of at my front door as well. I finally called Jenson and apparently they flagged my account to only go UPS or USPS in the future.

Mikie, herzalot, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  7. Diytypeofguy

Diytypeofguy Member

Name:
    Henry Sanchez
    Current Bike:
    XC
    It drives me nuts when Jenson or Worldwide don’t ship right away (they like to wait an extra day to ship :bang:). That’s why I’d rather drive and see what else I need :laugh:.

-Henry

8. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    I didn’t know that you could request Jensen to use an alternate shipper. That’s good to know. I had two occasions where Ontrac showed the item as delivered, but it wasn’t delivered yet. They always showed up the next day. My guess is that the driver ran out of time and marked it as delivered to meet their performance goals. I had a third Ontrac delivery from Jensen be delivered around the corner from my house not even on the same street. Luckily my neighbor walked it down to me.

Mikie, herzalot, DangerDirtyD and 5 others like this.
  9. Danmtchl

Danmtchl Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2015 Devinci Troy Carbon 27.5
    Well I rarely order anything from Jenson, but when I do, its here the next day. I usually don't know who the shipper is, but it is always at my door. As for OnTrac they are very inconsistent with there deliveries. We get stuff days late than expected. They used to deliver QBP overnight and it slowly became 2 then 3 day deliveries. We are in the overnight zone for QBP's delivery.

Mikie, DangerDirtyD, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  10. mtbMike

mtbMike Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer & Primer
    I wrote a scathing review (but told them it was all directed at OnTrac). They sent me an email apologizing and told me that OnTrac will no longer be used as a shipper for my orders.

11. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    I have had maybe one issue with a Jenson order. Zero issues with World Wide - the item was delivered but a porch pirate got it. Can't blame it on them. Outside Outfitters can rot in hell.

Mikie, Danmtchl, pperrelle and 3 others like this.
  12. evdog

evdog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Evan S
    I used to get Jenson orders the next day reliably. Since they changed to On trac it is always 2 days, sometimes 3. Still not bad but next day delivery was awesome. Three of my last five orders were delivered to one of my neighbors doors. Two of them I found myself, one I couldn't locate but someone dropped it off for me a day later. Nothing worse than seeing "delivered" on the online tracking but there is nothing at your door. Good to know they can still ship with someone else if there are issues. On trac seems hopeless.

I've seldom had problems with Jenson orders. My current beef with them is their owner is on the IMBA board who recently came to the genius conclusion that land managers should have discretion to decide where e-bikes should be allowed on non-motorized trails but that they shouldn't be trusted to decide where bikes should be allowed in wilderness. :thumbsdown:

13. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    I never had any issues with Jenson. they once sent me a big bottle of gold lube that cracked during delivery.. sent me a new one right away...
    But why do they have tires online that won't be available for months later? anyone have that issue? once almost placed an order for ardents.. said it would take 3plus months?? still Jenson is my go to.. love having things delivered the same day or next day...

14. Luis

Luis iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    I need to wear my reading glasses more often. I thought the thread post read "Why can't JASON be more forthright"

My inner voice said how much more forthright do you want @mtnbikej to be? o_O

herzalot, mike, Danmtchl and 9 others like this.
  15. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    Watch that guy closely......from what I hear, he is pretty sketchy. :eek::oops::cautious:

herzalot, Danmtchl, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  16. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic and Stumpy
    I read, lets play Fortnite

17. Earn Your View

Earn Your View Member

Name:
    Bryan
    Current Bike:
    2013 Charge Cooker Hi
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR412uXTdQj-3La-fJ7F2A0FyLM7Ix0YMPekTjGijAu1mvYm_x.jpg

18. Torrent77

Torrent77 Member

Name:
    Dave
  19. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    I have had VERY good luck with Jenson's.
    I think the only challenge I had was using their website to order, sometimes I can not change the shipping to my address and I seem to get stuck in Will Pick Up. Well Mikie is not going to drive a couple hours to pick up. So I called their help line and they rerouted the order.

I bought some socks one time from Sock Guy :cautious: through Jenson's and when I got them they ALREADY had holes in them (never had good luck with Sock Guy). Called them on the phone and they fully refunded the money and told me to keep the socks. No pic no proof, total trust.

I can order on a Saturday and often have it on my doorstep at 7:30 am on Monday morning delivered via On Trac. Now remember, I live near the Canadian Border, ha hah!
    it's hard to argue with that kind of service.

Bummer they messed you up on the wheel set. I hope they get that right for you @Torrent77 , because overall they have done an AMAZING job for me....
    Just my 30 cents worth... :thumbsup: (<--Inflation)