Who's Riding Where???

Road, to the beach and back. :)
I fear we are losing you! Slowly eliminating most mountain biking from your menu as you confine yourself to Whiting or road. Well, at least you joined me for Skyline! No more Aliso, LCWP, Santiago Oaks or San Juan on your radar. :( I guess the attraction of riding from home has become a strong priority!

Pot calling kettle black. Wait, is that microaggression?

I fear we are losing you! Slowly eliminating most mountain biking from your menu as you confine yourself to Whiting or road. Well, at least you joined me for Skyline! No more Aliso, LCWP, Santiago Oaks or San Juan on your radar. :( I guess the attraction of riding from home has become a strong priority!

Reel him in Herz. IMTB purists unite (mtbkrs, lol)

That is not entirely inaccurate as riding from home has and attraction for sure, is easy and why I live where I do.

to mix it up I refreshed the road bike to start riding it again. It's been too long. so had a good 49 mile ride yesterday which is my longest in quite some time :thumbsup:. And today I'm heading to Ladera area to ride Machete and Waterworks, which I haven't done in a while. Wait...so this will be two days in a row with something other than the ordinary ( well ordinary but not daily )...and I was thinking of going to Sandy Eggo to ride Tunnels very soon ( which they closed many of them :( ) . And yeah, I do need to hit other OC trails.

Am I getting boring in my riding....hmmmm.....and Gravel bikes, I avoid trying them as that would suit me well given my progression in riding lately and offer new options. Good think I just do not have room for another bike. :cautious:

I was also thinking the same thing recently...Hey, I need to return your Chain Whip now that my SnM experiment is completed. I'm seeing a ride in the near future.
Hah!

Believe it or not, I may need the chain whip to assist the one and only chain whip master himself @Paul Schmidt! He got rid of his after we teased him about carrying it in his hydration pack. :facepalm:

Rode in Big Sky last week and riding Whitefish this week.
IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_9992.jpeg
IMG_9893.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg

John Bull loop at Big Bear Lake, Thursday. Looks like a good place to filter out the detritus and scope Holcomb Valley. Evidently tech challenge is to be had, maybe no ST.

@Cyclotourist, et al, sound off. It’s a short ride and I’m not in a hurry. Sessioning could be in order; zero issue with dismounting. I haven’t ridden something like this in awhile, so, looking forward to it.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7035077/john-bull-loop

John Bull loop at Big Bear Lake, Thursday. Looks like a good place to filter out the detritus and scope Holcomb Valley. Evidently tech challenge is to be had, maybe no ST.

@Cyclotourist, et al, sound off. It’s a short ride and I’m not in a hurry. Sessioning could be in order; zero issue with dismounting. I haven’t ridden something like this in awhile, so, looking forward to it.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7035077/john-bull-loop

Good deal, Mike, thanks for the heads up. I'm knee-deep in work, so can't take the day off, I don't think. Will think on that some more, but unlikely for that reason...

But, I have been on that road. I went 4Xing up that trail and down 3n69 (Gold Mtn) a year or so ago with some friends. It's a tough one, don't let the elevation fool you! Be sure you're packed up with plenty of water, lots of exposure on that south facing hill.

Last edited:
Good deal, Mike, thanks for the heads up. I'm knee-deep in work, so can't take the day off, I don't think. Will think on that some more, but unlikely for that reason...

But, I have been on that road. I went 4Xing up that trail and down 3n69 (Gold Mtn) a year or so ago with some friends. It's a tough one, don't let the elevation fool you! Be sure you're packed up with plenty of water, plenty of exposure on that south facing hill.
I should have figured you've been around the area, Redlander. :geek: Sounds like no water out there, thanks for the beta.

Keep the work gods happy, ride when ya can. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the scoop on JB!!! The dust factor could be a deal breaker. A few other things in the area could suffice... :)

This morning I looped Skyline Trail CCW. A lazy start with sun in the sky and still saw only one odd rider. A lid-less girl on a double-crown bike with a dog off leash, off trail, apologizing... Until I rode through the Snow Summit parking lot :cool: 21/1800/3:17

View attachment 68728
Grab the kit and roll the spliff! He's BAAAAAAAAACK!

Back