Where are your favorite places to eat?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by kazlx, Aug 23, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Baja Fish Tacos. They put crack or something in their beans. I swear. You know it's good if "native speakers" are lined up at the door for an $8 burrito.

La Sirena - an LB institution. You'll run into MtB royalty at either La Sirena any day of the week.

2. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Well, crap that shows what I know then. :( I'll have to check those recommended cuban spots out in the future. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Ps. Notice, no one mentioned Habana. :gag::laugh:

3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    The one in Downey? Old River School Road? Is it still there? It's not/wasn't bad, but doesn't hold up against the ones above.

4. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    A newer addition to Laguna's Mexican cuisine actually. Definitely a lot of MTBers there post ride as you stated though. The OGs are Adolfos, Papas Tacos, Taco Loco and Feasts. ;) My fandom of La Sirena went out the window when a bolt showed up in a calamari burrito.:gag:

5. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    The one next to The Lab in Costa Mesa.

6. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    In Mammoth - I like Giovanni's for lunch. Get the lunch special with the personal pizza and salad. Top notch pizza. Dinner is at Roberto's. Killer salsa but it is a little hot for some. Huge portions and very tasty.
    I also like The Mogul for a nice steak. A bit pricey for me but not for all you moneybags on here.

7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Habana is totally hit and miss. Been there a couple times and its really good, but most times, Meh, not worth the wait or the money. So no longer frequent it.

I like that most are putting very affordable places on the list.
    some of my affordable faves are Baja Fish Taco, El Ranchito, and Neighborhood grill in RSM. Not a lot near where I live in Mission Viejo.

8. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Prime rib: The Summit House in Fullerton.
    State College and Bastanchury. British ambience. Pricey, but very good.

9. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Moros on harbor i 2nd.. pretty fantastic...

10. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    The better question is.. where to eat after a ride..post oaks? Post aliso? Post el moro? Theres a sharkys ..
    Post luge whiting..wahoos parking..
    Post jpl? Post sart?

11. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Has anyone been to Green Field Churrascaria in LB on PCH? Great Brazilian food. A bit pricey but good.

12. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    A carnivore's Eden. Decadence on a spit. :thumbsup:

13. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam
    Post SART or Hulda Crooks...Maria’s Cafe in Colton. Delhi Palace in Sam Bernardino on hospitality does a good buffet. Surprisingly good and relatively fast/inexpensive Ethiopian place in Loma Linda on Anderson near the 10 called Ayda. Red Panka is tasty semi fast food Peruvian in Redlands on Redlands Blvd. If you are vegetarian like me, Happy Family or Lotus Garden are awesome.

14. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Yes Cortinas in Anaheim is one of them pizza is my favorite their meatball sandwich also good:thumbsup:

Mariscos El Guero in Corona best place imo for mexican seafood shrimp cocktails, ceviche tostadas all sorts of them, won't be disappointed!

Flappy Jacks pancake house in Orange
    great place for breakfast and lunch. I've known the owner since they had their first location in Glendora I was glad when they opened in the OC" big menu everything from pancakes to steak and eggs is delicious! big portions come hungry or ready to share.

For a good steak Clearman's North Woods inn. several locations reasonably priced. Me and the wife usually share their 25oz. Porter house steak their cheese bread is very popular and good!! once in a while they'll have their 35oz. bone in Rib eye:)

Love me some bbq as well but for this one I'll have to travel to L.A off Florence ave.
    a co-worker turned me on to this place Woodys bbq now I don't really go anywhere else for some Q" and belive me I've tried quite a few from Porky s in Inglewood to Phils bbq in SD"

15. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    As the head chef at the Villa Mendez I've "phoned-in," countless dinners with their frozen empanadas and a side of rice.

I've recently had a lot of meetings in the Melrose area of LA and a friend that works nearby has introduced me to The Dark Room for pizza, beer and burgers. On Melrose, but, above par nosh.

Closer to home;

Yama Seafood; Buy rolls out of their fridge or wait an ungodly amount of time to have super fresh sashimi cut to order by Yama-San. You can't eat your food there but, it's a quick ride to lacy Park or The Huntington.

Congregation; Something for everyone, no crowds, great beer selection. Other locations in LBC and Azuza.

16. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I used to bartend there. It was more of a night spot with a "Nuevo Latino," menu. I can tell you that it certainly wasn't an authentic Cuban eatery as I once witnessed the owner point out to a patron "Ma'am, this is The Grey Album by Danger Mouse, we don't have real Cuban Music."
    I didn't have a problem with that.:Roflmao

17. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Hands down the best prime rib I've ever had was at The Ranch in Anaheim. I like prime rib, but it's definitely not my favorite go-to at a steak house. By chance they had it on special when my wife and I went for our anniversary. 10/10 would stuff myself again with that prime rib. Excellent French onion soup as well.

18. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    That’s my kinda eats!

19. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Hands down my all time favorite is Paradise Pantry on Main St in Ventura. Artisan style grilled cheese, Mac n cheese, pastrami, etc.. killer desserts coffee and wines. The aptmosohere is super chill too:thumbsup:

kioti, Faust29, Danimal and 2 others like this.
  20. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    So you beer peeps....I always see people say “Xxxxx Pub/brewery” has great beer and food.

Do they really have good food, or is it that the beer numbs the taste buds? Do you tolerate crap food because the beer is good?

After group ridesbit seems that everyone wants to go to a pub/brewery for lunch. As a non beer drinker, I honestly haven’t found any of these places to be all that great.

Danmtchl, UPSed, LLPoolJ and 3 others like this.
  21. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    My normal Greek place in RSM (Akropolis) has changed hands, and gone downhill... The food is still good most of the time, but it's just not the same since Mike sold it. And they don't do Greek coffee anymore! WTF?!? I've tried doing it at home, but it never comes out right. So... I grudgingly tried the Neighborhood Grill the other day. Gyro sandwich as a test. It was awesome! Clean, fresh, and made in view of the customer... Friendly atmosphere. I'll be back to try a few more things. :thumbsup:

As a general observation, I've really come to like the CA take on Greek- much healthier than The NY variety that I grew up with. That was a heart attack waiting to happen. Jugs of oil on the tables for all! Although I haven't found a souvlaki and eggs breakfast anywhere yet... :thumbsdown:

22. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    This is going to go over as well as my request for Puerto Rican food in this mexican dominated nirvana.

23. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Oh yeah, I used to think that KRBC had good food-until I ate there sober. Better bet is the deli down the street....

Cyclotourist, kioti, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  24. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    I got his back.

25. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    If you're hungry enough pretty much anything tastes good. Or maybe J just doesn't like pub food?

Faust29, Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  26. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Same when your drunk I'm guessin.

Faust29, Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  27. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    The one that we lived next to in Santa Ana when I was a kid was torn down.

tick, Faust29 and Danmtchl like this.
  28. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    Big Ed’s can be hit and miss. When it’s fresh it’s pretty darn good. Not my wife’s Nana’s level, but good.
    Big fan of El Campeon. I also enjoy the Taco Mesa’s, but they have declined a little.
    In LaJolla there is a hole in the wall called Don Carlos that is our family’s favorite. We’ll find reasons to detour to La Jolla just for it.

29. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Never talk about big Ed's while he is listening.

30. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'm not one to hit up a "brewpub," or any other trendy place full of hipsters with topknots.

BJ's is good basic food and has a decent in house beer/ale selection that I'll try a new one of every now and then. I don't drink much but I do like to try new beers whenever I go somewhere.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?