Where are we riding this Saturday??? June 13th?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Mikie, Jun 8, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Trying to get a head start on this weekends ride...
    What are we doing? :thumbup:
    I wanna ride! :D

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Exploration?

NM - just read TtB's gnat report re: Exploration AND I have to be back home for a school event Saturday afternoon. I will just ride locally, or surf if it's supposed to be hot.

3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    ...and I really do want to invite my OC brothah's and sistah's up for a ride soon. With the heat, we do have some awesome rides like Wrightwood which would assist in putting it a bit more in the middle to get to.
    hill^billy's route this last weekend got me rejuvenated for Wrightwood (Again!)

Gnats:
    . . . and as far as the gnats, hill^billy had a very cool head net he threw over his helmet and face that knocked it out of the park as far as thwarting gnat attacks, and gnat eating activities for the short run we needed it climbing up out of Lucky Charms. I inhaled two and spit out one... :wtf:

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Seriously? No rides planned for this Saturday?

5. burt

burt Member

Name:
    burt
    I'd love to get a tour of the Blue Ridge trails, including Acorn. Keep me posted on the next Wrightwood endeavour.

6. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    Planning on doing Snow Summit lifts solo. Usually always someone there I can hook up with that I know.

7. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Gotcha Burt, it's Ww season!

8. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I'll be riding the coast highway from Del Mar to Oceanside and back.

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I have a ride planned.....but nobody is invited. Redemption Ride to make up for my failed 12hr race. :cry: :cry:

10. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Don't you guys ride sundays??
    I'm stuck at work saturdays :(

11. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I can ride on Sundays after Church. That typically looks to be around 11:00am local and then drive time from Frazier Park for anywhere else...

12. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Somebody's going to punish himself hard...

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    TMI! [emoji12]

14. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    NA this weekend, political stuff this weekend.

15. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    To show Burt and any others the goods in Wrightwood, including Acorn, we may need to set up another 3 vehicle shuttle ;) ! Still lots of climbing,lots of SOT and lots of fun! Mikie's rollin' over in his grave! :?

16. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Hoping to get to Snow Summit too. First time this season. :D :)

17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    What is SOT and why is Mikie in a grave?

18. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Now you're talkin' !
    SOT is Some Other Trail.....Perfect for Cycling......

19. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I'll PM you on SOT...
    ...and I was wondering why I have to be dead to roll over! :cry:

20. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    "Rollin' over in his grave!" is a phrase stolen from Charles Barkley. He uses that frequently during his NBA commentaries to express how former players might react to current changes in the game even if said players are still alive and well. It's bad to have to explain my jokes. :roll: Guess a lot of you either aren't into sports at all or like soccer instead of real sports like basketball :lol:

Unfortunately, I can't be part of a triple shuttle this weekend since we're moving my Mom. Then we're gone on vacation until mid-July! Maybe after I get back.

21. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Leading a group ride on a Holy Jims loop.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.meetup.com/Pure-Ride-Cycles-Lake-Forest/events/223134554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.meetup.com/Pure-Ride-Cycles- ... 223134554/</a>

22. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Soccer . . . . Basketball . . . Those are "other" types of sports . . . right? I think, I have heard of them... :think:

23. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Posted on Tuesday I believe, I'm working on Saturday. This post seems more relevant now. :cool:

24. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275

Soccer is not a real sport. It's boring, very little scoring and can actually end in a tie :-? The only real excitement is when the riots happen in the stands either before, during or after the game....or match.....or whatever. Unless you're watching a women's game and one of them removes her top after a goal :shock: That at least has some potential for excitement. But remember, there's very little scoring in soccer!

25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Pretty sure "rollin' over in his grave" was used prior to Charles Barkley. You didn't really need to explain your comment, but I turned your comment into a joke, which, if I am explaining, means it wasn't funny. Wait....what?

I love other sports. I hate NBA basketball and MLB baseball. As a participant, I love skiing, snowboarding, surfing, hockey, golf, tennis, soccer, skateboarding and of course MtB. As a spectator, I would add NCAA basketball, NFL, NHL. Oh and women's volleyball. And women's XC mtb (drives me Batty). :thumbup: :wave: :clap:

26. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    So maybe I missed it but is there a ride going on here cause I'm feeling a need to not work on Saturday again. Won't know if that's a reality until tomorrow.

27. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Well, I have been looking for one. But if no one is going to pony up, I have two suggestions:

1) We can go do Wrightwood. There is a great network of trails and fire roads. We can meet at the Jackson Lake parking lot at 9:30am and ride to our hearts content.

2) I have some stuff we can do in Frazier on Tecuya Mountain. Big climbs, secret trails, huge vistas! We can meet at my house at 8:00am and have Cathy shuttle us to Cuddy Valley to ride an epic back to my house...

28. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I'm up for a good ride this weekend. I was going to throw out Strawberry Peak(maybe physco loop) or Chilao loop as a suggestion. But I'm willing to follow along anywhere, long as I'm riding my bike.

29. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    None of you would want to do this, but I have to. On Sunday, though: Start at GMR/Sierra Madre, up GMR and down the other side to East Fork, hang a right on Hwy 39, up to Crystal Lake for lunch, then up to Dawson Saddle. And back the same way minus Crystal Lake. On the MTB. This assumes, of course, that I don't keel over somewhere along the way. This works out to about 75-80 miles and roughly 11,000 feet of elevation gain.

The Crusher in the Tushar is only 4 weeks away. I'm skeered.

30. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Ok so I'll watch this thread and touch base with you tomorrow if/when I can finagle my way out of the Saturday work gig.

I'm seriously liking both options.
    Option #1 is new dirt and you've never steered me wrong in that department.
    Option #2 means we could die in several different ways. First there's heat stroke cause it's supposed to be rather warm. Second we could be eaten alive by bears or other wild animals. Third we could get shot by some ranch hand or other inbred redneck for riding where we ain't sposed to be.

Oh and I'd be up for some McGill action cause I haven't ridden that in at least 20 years.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?