Wednesday 3/4: Yeager Mesa Brush Party

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mike, Mar 2, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Bring your loppers and have some fun riding, gasping and gawking up Trabuco, tagging Los Piños summit, and cruising down YM in perfect conditions.

No big need for brushing on YM; the problem area is Bell Ridge between LP Peak and the Yeager split. It's not a lot of trail. 2-3 riders could whack thru it in an hour. I will supply post-ride refreshments at HJ parking — name your brand if you're game.

Props to all who work on the trails...even if you can't make this one.

[youtube]WSH3xtg3Prs[/youtube]
    [youtube]y4LV-OfZxww[/youtube]
    [youtube]OfL8VskWLWs[/youtube]

Rides coming soon to IMTBTrails Trailhead:

Skinsuit
    Coldwater (this will be a weekend ride)
    Smashface
    East Horsethief

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Yea, I know...hopeless optimism. Adding manual labor to a weekday ride and expecting people to join...

Wednesday looks like it will be an absolutely gorgeous day, and the dirt will be in top form.

<a class="postlink" href="http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-117.47328&lat=33.65388#.VPUAvoY76rU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... PUAvoY76rU</a>

3. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Hey Mike, can you give a guestimate on the time it might take for the whole shabang (given an hour of so of brushing and I'd lag you a bit on the trip up Trabuco)? Or maybe, what's the ride usually take you and just add a couple/three hours :? Trying to see if I can make it work....

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Dave, I'm thinking 2.5 hrs up to LP Peak with a break + 2 hrs work/descent should do it. A relaxed pace but still a pretty committing day. I know you're ramping up and have a ball or two in the air, so if this doesn't work, something will soon...I got a woodie to brush it because there isn't all that much to do to get the whole YM lolli in stellar shape. Cheers either way :cool:

5. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    That's probably pushing my time allotment, so best err on the side of caution. A couple more weeks hoping I can do some longer stuff without worrying about it. Thanks for heading out to do the work, can't wait to get up there. :thumbup: :clap:

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No thang at all, Dave. When it's right it'll happen. :cool: