U.S. Bicycle Route System – California

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike, Jun 8, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Adventure Cycling Association, the group that brought us Bikecentennial, the Great divide MTB Route and champion of many other cycling initiatives, is seeking volunteers to help designate sections of road in CA as part of the official network:

Adventure Cycling Association is looking for volunteers to help gain local agency support for designating U.S. Bicycle Routes in California.

Our Travel Initiatives staff provides technical assistance to local and state partners working on U.S. Bicycle Route System (USBRS) designations, and we have identified the need in California for volunteers to help with on-the-ground outreach and education. We will provide training and guidance to U.S. Bicycle Route System volunteers who are interested in contributing their time, skills and knowledge to this project.

Volunteering would mean working to gain support from agencies that have jurisdiction over roads/trails included in the identified U.S. Bicycle Routes (USBR), such as road authorities, municipal governments, departments of natural resources, parks and recreation, etc. The process can vary, but generally this requires identifying road owners along the route, contacting and informing them about USBR designation, and obtaining a letter or resolution of support. For more information on the USBRS visit www.adventurecycling.org/usbrs.

If you are interested in helping with this very important task, please click on the link below and fill out a brief survey that will tell us a little bit about your experience and skills.

Thanks for your participation!

Just passing this along in case anyone is looking to harvest karma points and help a great group that helps us. Cheers...

Runs with Scissors likes this.
  2. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Interesting, but man is that website hard to decipher info from!

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS

Thanks for the interest and feedback, lwave.

I'd be happy to pass along helpful criticism to the publications director...my apology in advance, but can you be more specific with the shortcomings of the site? TIA!

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?