Twenty twenty two

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by mike, Dec 31, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    That's what happens when you go outside of mtn biking, AND you post of your extra bike activities on a MTB site;);)

mike, Faust29, Old&InTheWay and 5 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    But you're my only friends!

Those skiing, snowboarding and surfing websites are giant, faceless, impersonal quagmires! IMTB is a highly personal quagmire where we know each other.You are my Facebook!

Tom the Bomb, mike, Walleye and 10 others like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    You can't possibly imagine the pain and frustration of having to be laid up for an entire two days!! :eek:

That was sarcasm people. @Mikie is the baddest of all badasses when it come to recovery and determination. I think I will STRAVA my walks to the bathroom in his honor.

Tom the Bomb, mike, Faust29 and 9 others like this.
  4. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

5. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    What happened? Rad air? One of those table top style jumps? Riding another man made obstacle like a pipe or something?

Tom the Bomb, mike, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  6. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    My plans for 2022 - meet with orthopedic surgeon on 1/11 and hopefully get my 2nd knee replaced mid-March. My boss asked me to stay on 3 more years and upped my pay accordingly. I have a huge family reunion back in Wisconsin in June and plan on a week of mild riding in MN, WI & ND while I'm out there. My only destination ride planned for the year is Mammoth Tuff. I'll be six months into recovery and should be up to the challenge. The really good news - I did my 60 Y.O. cardiac baseline test and passed with flying colors - no indicators at all. I actually had difficulty getting my heart up to 145BPM (thanks biking) which impressed the surgeon.

Best wishes to everyone this year!!

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    No. I’m not that kind of skier. I’m a former racer. We stay on the ground and avoid man made obstacles. We make precise turns at speed.

There was 12-18” of new, thick snow and I got a little strained from the inconsistency of pressure of the cut up snow. My back was a bit tweaked before I started. Nothing dramatic or heroic.

8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Awesome Duke! You know what you are walking in to this round and will kill it in every way! Praying for an excellent surgery and fast recovery!

9. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Wake up in the morning and ride...

10. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    No solid plans right now. I was hoping to hit the entire Pro XCT tour this year, after last year fell through for various reasons (Covid, car accident, and Olympic year). Not sure it will happen, 2022 schedule doesn't exist yet. But I am training hard right now, trying to get my fitness up like I had in 2019 (going to be hard to top that). Alternative plans could be to race a bunch of NUE events for the overall, or just go on adventures. But I kinda want to race.

After the race season is over, I have new ideas for life. But they are still ideas right now.

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No like, pal. Not your fault, that's what we get with substandard engineering. I kid. Joints are amazing. And when they're not, it really sukks. Vibes to ya.

herzalot, Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I was trying to think of 2021's highest hooligan achievers. I thought the riding was impressive, but top honors had to go to @Mikie and @blixet. The shyt they went through and still are makes any mountain endeavor look like a picnic. @OTHRider tried to slide it under the radar but deserves props for getting it done, too.

A special nod to anyone who got hurt last year. Getting back to normal is an achievement, especially at an advanced age... :gotnothing: @herzalot, you probably need your own category. Good wishes to the lot of you old, broken coots. That includes me.

13. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    That is good I guess, at least you did not get totally killed by the slope. You never want to have them make an X above your head, this I know.

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I have had three sled rides off the mountain in my ski days. 1976 broken femur, 1989 laceration of arm, 1999 dislocated hip. The latter in a World Masters GS race, three gates from the finish.

Does anyone still wonder how I came up with my screen name?

OTHRider, Sidewalk, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  15. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    That is quite the list. Wish you hadn’t added to it this time.

OTHRider, Sidewalk, mike and 3 others like this.
  16. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Well thats poopy! Hope you recover quick

OTHRider, Sidewalk, mike and 3 others like this.
  17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I didn’t. No falls. No sled ride. Didn’t even stop skiing. Barely noticed.

OTHRider, CBone, mike and 4 others like this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Ok - back surgery complete as of 5 pm. I am alive, and I can wiggle my toes voluntarily, as I could when I went in, so that’s a pair of wins right there!

19. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    What did I miss?
    Tweaked your back, laid up a couple of days and now surgery?

20. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    There are other threads. Gotta got used to clicking New Posts to stay caught up with all the IMTB happs.

Rumpled, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Thanks! I am glad at least one of the “…alot” brothers does NOT live up to his screen name!

23. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Here's hoping everything else wiggles in due time... :thumbsup:

Seriously... Hopefully the recovery comes and goes in no time.

OTHRider, Obsidian, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  24. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    So cutting laps of Aliso this weekend after all?

Glad to hear surgery was successful. Hope the recovery goes by quickly!

OTHRider, Obsidian, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  25. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    It all sounds positive!

I'd like to know the details of your condition and the procedure. (If you posted it elsewhere I missed it.) I'm probably not the only one that has disc issues and can learn. Speedy recovery, healzalot. :)

OTHRider, Faust29, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  26. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Herz likes to postalot, so you searchalot, keeps us on our toes!! Did you have a laminectomy??

OTHRider, Rumpled, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  27. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Whaaaat! Surgery?

OTHRider, herzalot, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  28. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Exactly! What the hail is going on?!?! I can't keep up with the multiple streams of discussion here, dammit!

@herzalot ... I need alot,
    more news-alot,
    from Camelot!

29. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    Hoping to do more racing in 2022, get a new bike to replace the broken one from 25 Hour of Frog Hollow and generally just ride my bike more (goal of 4K miles for 2022). I am looking to race some longer, endurance style races. I have already signed up to race: Whiskey Off Road, Keyesville Classic, hoping for True Grit 50, Carson City Off Road, attending Sedona MTB Festival, Priority race(s) are High Cascade 100, Wrightwood 50 (if it happens) Grizzly 100 and maybe giving the 25 hours of Frog Hollow and 2023 24 hours of Old Pueblo as a solo a try.

Hoping for all this Covid BS to minimize and life as Americans goes back to some normalcy. As someone who has lived and visited/worked in many 3rd World (Developing) countries' in the last 2 years we have not proven to be much different then them and I don't know how we can keep going on that way. Let's get back to what makes this country great and the best on this planet!!!

Cant wait to get out there and ride with you all more and especially some of you I have never met or ridden with.

OTHRider, SnakeCharmer, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  30. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I’m not really sure where to put it! It doesn’t fit under crash confessions because it wasn’t a crash. It doesn’t fit under health because it’s not about health - well sort of.

Quick summary. I have deteriorating discs in my back as most tall, aging, wanna-be athletes do. I have been experiencing more discomfort in the last six months. Last Thursday (12-30-21) while skiing thick snow, I felt a tweak in my back. I did not fall. I continued skiing and did 10 runs - six on skis, 4 on snowboard. When I got home my knee was numb. I went to urgent care for some medication expecting to take a couple of days to recoup. During those couple of days the pain got worse to the point of excruciating in my left leg. It presented as a blood clot in some ways. On Sunday I went to the ER to get an MRI, ultrasound and further tests. Blood clot was ruled out and cause of pain was discovered on the MRI which I have shared in other threads and will post again. The only rational remedy was removal of the disc material, which I think is a laminectomy. I had that yesterday.

Just got done with my first round of PT and everything feels great - no radiating pain no weakness other than having been on my back for six days. However the prognosis isn’t great. Lots of arthritis and bulging disc material still there. All a part of having an active lifestyle and living life the way I want to! No Regerts. :cool:

So, 2022 came to my house and bitch slapped 2021 out the door.

@Faust29 or @Mikie - put this where you see fit. Thank you!

BonsaiNut, Stkx66, Walleye and 17 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?