Twenty twenty two

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by mike, Dec 31, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Here’s to a great year ahead!

We’re all over the map, literally, but I hope we can all continue to connect when and where it makes sense.

Lots of transitions afoot, which is exciting. You know who you are…nice work, best wishes there.

We are settling back in to the east side, looking forward to dusting off our rock climbing skills and doing some winter biking. When in Rome and all.

What’s the new year holding for you? Enjoy executing your plan and wringing the life out of ‘22. Ride on, Hooligans! :):thumbsup:

Walleye, OTHRider, Mikie and 11 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    2021 ain't dead yet... I have time for one more ride! Be back in a bit. :laugh:

OTHRider, Mikie, UPSed and 12 others like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Happy New Year Mike! I plan to work, raise the kids, love the wife, and continue seeking riding partners overnight. Pretty simple life on my front these days. If you were here or if I were there....

OTHRider, tick, Mikie and 11 others like this.
  4. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I'm hoping and feeling that 2022 will be less about transition, and more about momentum. All signs point in that direction :thumbsup:. Need to carve out time to see family that was missed over the last couple years, and reconnect with some passions (snowy mountains and flowing rivers) that the convenience of the bike made too easy to neglect. But more bike too. Wishful thinking or purposeful planning? My money is on the latter. Happy New Year, Hooligans!

Walleye, OTHRider, Mikie and 12 others like this.
  5. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Yeah some transitioning going on for me…

Best buddy and partner in crime is now multiple states away. Kind of a tough pill to swallow…:(

As of tomorrow I’ll be the owner of the shop I’ve been working for and running for 27+ years. Going to the bank in the next hour to withdraw a big chunk of my life’s savings for the down payment and stepping up to a bunch of responsibility (&debt) for a while. Excited & nervous for sure on this one. Praying some good ol fashioned know how and hard work will pay off and set me up for the big picture…

I’m a creature of habit and not big on change. Time will be a bit more limited initially and I’m gonna need my bicycle and it’s miracle brain clearing powers more than ever. Some hooligan adventures both day and night will help for sure…:D

H2oChick, Makoto, mtbMike and 27 others like this.
  6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    All I can do is wish the best for everyone with their goals and hope that we all continue to have the freedom and ability to ride and enjoy the outdoors.

SS Barby, OTHRider, Stkx66 and 9 others like this.
  7. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Well that is pretty cool. Congrats.

OTHRider, Mikie, mtnbikej and 6 others like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Congratulations, @Voodoo Tom! :thumbsup: So much for the old dog/new trick adage. Power to ya…get Nick in there, stat! :sneaky::D

Textbook attitude. Why you are the man, Steve. :notworthy::thumbsup:

@DangerDirtyD: Your formula sounds good enough to run with for a couple decades. :cool: Never know when the odd owl might flutter in. Er, you will know. :geek:

Matt: Sufficiently cryptic, just how I like it. :D The positivity is clear. :thumbsup: Any plan involving mountains is good!

Today we check out the mud situation by bike. Depending on findings, tomorrow we’ll ride or walk to a rock and fight some gravity. We got like 40 degrees now, balmy!!!

Walleye, OTHRider, Stkx66 and 7 others like this.
  9. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Bring on 2022... just agreed to terms with a company in Franklin, Id. They're hoping I can start early February. Pictures of our home were taken yesterday and the listing will go live on 1-3-22. Starting to look at homes in the Logan, Utah area.

@Voodoo Tom congrats and best of luck!

mtbMike, Walleye, OTHRider and 14 others like this.
  10. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Looks like after a few tough years 2022 could be the one where things finally turn the corner on the work front. Our main investor has committed to another years funding even though we didn't meet expectations, I've been told to extend my visa for another two years and we have a verbal agreement with an impressive (and pretty cool) company to work together that is going to get a lot of others attention. Looking forward to the challenge!

Hopefully its not going to cut into my riding time :D

Walleye, OTHRider, tick and 11 others like this.
  11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I’m spending NYE in bed with a tweaked back!! :facepalm:

But all in all I had a great 2021. I regained my former professional status after an intentional step back. Daughter is having a good year with school, sports and music. Wife is relatively healthy and purports to still love me, and, I only went to urgent care 3 times!

Skied a bunch, surfed a bunch, mt biked a bunch and tackled some new trails. No one in my house got COVID…

So 2022? Is it wrong to wish for more of the same personally, but hope that this COVID mess goes away and is not replaced by a “hold my beer” set of natural or man made catastrophes?

Tom the Bomb, OTHRider, Mikie and 8 others like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    that sounds promising, and we get to keep you around for a while.

OTHRider, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Just got back from a wonderful gravel bike ride. What did I miss? 2022 for me will be another year of vacations and bike rides. Hopefully a cycling related trip or two as well. I'll also be able to say, "I'm retiring the year after next". :)

Happy New Year everyone!

OTHRider, Mikie, mtnbikej and 7 others like this.
  14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Congratulations, @Redman! That was quick in Vegas. I like it, stepping stone to better.

Simon, great news. :thumbsup: Enjoy the challenges! Come ride some Tahoe if you can this year.

Chris, dood! Shooting for variety, eh? Healing back vibes heading your way. Keep doing what you do!!

Ed...just another year of vacations and bike rides? Sounds pretty good. Almost as good as retirement?! :thumbsup:

Redman, OTHRider, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  15. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    So many changes above... New challenges and chapters on the horizon. :thumbsup:

As for me? I hope everyone stays or gets healthy, I hope to ride, and I hope to see some of you Hooligans on the trails this year... Simple things.

SS Barby, Walleye, OTHRider and 8 others like this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    So for 2022.....I'm just looking for getting back to normalcy.

Maintaining health. Maintaining work. Maintaining my riding.

Have some events and trips planned.

SS Barby, OTHRider, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  17. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Nothing special for me. Maintain the status quo, hopefully ride more than I did in 2021 ... which was my least mileage & rides year ever.
    Perhaps get out to a trail or two in Arkansas :cautious: ... and possibly Alabama where I have some family and I could ride under the guise of visiting. :D

If not ... Orange County meets my needs. :thumbsup:

OTHRider, Faust29, mike and 5 others like this.
  18. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'll be hoping that stasis is achieved.

OTHRider, Faust29, mike and 5 others like this.
  19. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Where in 'bama? I've got a bud in Huntsville. He says Monte Sano State Park is his local go-to. I've seen the videos. Lots of chunk. He also rides some chunky DH near Redstone Arsenal, I believe.

OTHRider, Faust29, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  20. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Monsanyo is the bomb. Sandstone butte with clinky glass limestone sides. Crash on the limestone and give some blood. At one time I was the only two wheel out there but nowadays it is full of shredders. This is where I broke a chain on top of the mountain and coasted out, they did not sell HG mtn bike chains except at one bike shop. Also I once took a dump and came out bloody, shocked the hikers that have never seen a mountain biker up close and bleeding. Snake Charmer has the correct spelling but the Redstone-MSFC folks pronounce it like I spelled it. Everyday after work this is where you would find me or in the reserve on the way up the mountain. You are on your own out there so be self reliant. One time after some rains we had Delphiniums come up and at the end of the week bloom, the next day they were gone. Amazing fast life clycle
    Happy trails in the woods

21. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Somewhere outside of Jacksonville. I am not entirely sure where ... but I know someone on this board has ridden the trail system, because I remember reading about it.

That said, I am going to message my cousin to find out exactly where. I will probably respond to my own post later. :alien:

OTHRider, Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  22. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Ok on to 2022, keep the rubber side down
    Happy trails

OTHRider, Faust29, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  23. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Coldwater mountain.

Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  24. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey Mountain Bikers…
    A Happy New Year to you all.
    May all of you and your loved ones have a safe and prosperous new year whatever that “prosperous” may be defined as in your lives. :)

I hope that 2022 is the return of the Trailhead Forum, Group Rides, and sweet Ride Reports with tons of Pics!

That the divide of any differences narrow in this year to come.
    Ride a new trail this year. Ride with a new person, drag someone new to imtbtrails. :laugh:
    Be a light… and enjoy!

Mikie
    upload_2022-1-1_0-47-27.png

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Just cutting a new trail for our next adventure! :thumbsup:;)

26. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Aw man, I'm too drunk to wax eloquently about much right now.
    @Voodoo Tom good luck on that venture, I wish you well.
    @Lost Kiwi good luck staying here.

The rest of you hooligans?

Let's figure out 2022 when I sober up tomorrow.
    (Which will be doing something they don't do in Buffalo because I am going SUP in Newport)

I hope 2022 is better than 2021 and we can discuss

OTHRider, Stkx66, Lost Kiwi and 11 others like this.
  27. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Maestro, special nod to you for keeping the power on and for the most impressive send of ‘21. Here’s to your continuing success and finishing up that epic!

Jason, Obsidian, RWS Mark, da hills… Some reasonable goals that sound attainable. But the devil’s in the details! To challenges!! And what it takes to knock em down. AYE

@Rumpled: LOL. You could have fooled me. Until the bit about Buffalo! Hehe. Best wishes cutting through the fog!

Faust29, mtnbikej, Redman and 4 others like this.
  28. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    All the cool kids rendezvous via private text message and then post photos and videos of the fun. If ever you were a part of and responded to @Tom the Bomb ’s 20-rider Bomb Squad group text, you may reach more heads than an iMTBtrailhead invite.

Faust29, OTHRider, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  29. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I'm not off to a very good start. Still laid up in bed with a f-ed up back and an angry, angry left leg (courtesy of the spine impingement). Knee is still numb to the touch.

:bang: :facepalm: :(

30. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I can’t like this! How can I possibly like this?!?! :(
    Absolutely NOT HAPPY about this. Healing vibes mighty Herzalot!

mike, Faust29, Old&InTheWay and 4 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?