Trumark Homes sucks...like big time.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Danimal, Mar 8, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Ok, I want to rant.

OK. wind yesterday and SO much dust the wife couldn't leave the house without a mask on. Thank god that we have masks now! And everything is so covered with dirt/dust it looks like we live in a desert. Nothing would make me happier than it rains everyday to stop the building. And the Cars! OMG...they are covered in dirt.
    Where do I complain, and how do I get them to clean up this F**king mess? It's bad, like really bad. I'll be back in town tomorrow night and am going to go have a little "chat" with them.
    Trumark homes; https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/...ng-91-townhomes-condos-starting-under-500000/
    you can see that NO WHERE do they give an elevation showing that they are building a 100' wall and bringing in hundreds of trucks of dirt, ruining the view. Let them move all that dirt to their home! Frack them...

#trumarkhomes
    Oh well...rant over.

2. FizzyCola

FizzyCola Member

Name:
    Dr. Thunder
    Film your "chat" and post the link here.

3. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    AQMD

probably start with the city though.

~JB~, Danmtchl, DangerDirtyD and 4 others like this.
  4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Check the view when they started, and the View now. Never would I ahve guessed, or imagined it would make it up to this level.

So @DangerDirtyD lets chat when I'm back.IMG_0908.jpeg

and a week ago, then the next is now.
    IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

5. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Pics are from standing in pretty much the same spot.

Off to a work dinner, I'll check when I'm back.
    Cheers!

6. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    You’re not going to get any traction from the standpoint of the design though. Cities are being pushed hard to build low/moderate income, and only Laguna & Newport have the cash to just pay Santa Ana to do the work for them.

The fact that this design got approved likely means you’re out of luck on that front.

7. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Sell your home and move away?

Mikie, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  8. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Jeebus friggin cripes.. That is terrible and certainly devaluing the existing property.

As @tick eluded to, this is only going to get worse. For example, if you live in an area with decent sized yards and a space between you and your neighbors but are opposed to rezoning said area to higher density properties you are labeled as a NIMBY. I don’t agree with that, if you buy a home in a certain area with a certain type of population density then you can have an opinion against piling people on top of you.

Mikie, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That's awful @Danimal. :thumbsdown: When we buy our homes, we don't anticipate this kind of intrusion. I can imagine the feeling of helplessness. :(

Mikie, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  10. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
  11. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I can't they are building on that land. It took sooo much grading and those retaining walls are sooo huge.
    I have a few friends who lived above it as well.
    You are probably screwed on the already approved project.
    If you are getting dust and noise make sure to complain. The site should have appropriate signs regarding how.

Mikie, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  12. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Yeah @tick that's kinda what I think, but doesn't mean I can't whine like a child, now does it. But of course they can't change at this point, but they certainly can keep the dust down and clean up the mess they made.
    And dollars to donuts they are not going to be 500k. And the truth is, OC is pretty much built out, not much land left.

13. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    @Danimal , there is a 17.74 MB Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) document at this link ( https://cityofmissionviejo.org/document-center/planning/trumark-residential-draft-mnd-may-2020 ) that should detail the aesthetic effects of the project; however, private views from your kitchen window for example may not matter. That depends on how the City defines scenic vistas and visual character in its General Plan. It appears the project included a variance from the zoning code to allow for a 32’ retaining wall and buildings up to 40’ tall. The Air Quality section of the MND should specify the measures prescribed to minimize fugitive dust and also quantify the number of truck trips required to import xxx cubic yards of sterile soil during rough grading. The Hydrology section should indicate all storm drains in proximity to the site must be covered with filter elements. If the number of project-generated vehicle trips exceeds the City threshold, typically 50 or more one-way vehicle trips per any one hour between 7-9am or 4-7pm, a Level of Service study would be required to disclose how much delay would be added to roadway segments and intersections from existing-plus-project conditions and horizon (year 2045) conditions. I glanced at the MND, and Vandermost Consulting Services is good, but I’m better and ride safe and would have framed the analysis so that you go to bed thankful you get to keep your drawers. I’m just kidding about that last part; I’m sorry your home is affected.

Your opportunity to comment on the project design would have been during the 20- or 30-day public review period of the MND, which was disseminated sometime in 2020. The statute of limitations to challenge the environmental analysis of the project in court is for 30 days after City Council approval of the project, so that ship has sailed.

Like @tick said, start with the City Planning Department, contact is on the cover of the MND and here (https://ceqanet.opr.ca.gov/2020050555/3), and also contact the South Coast AQMD (https://www.aqmd.gov/home/air-quality/complaints) to minimize the fugitive dust (https://www.aqmd.gov/home/rules-com...sible-emissions-public-nuisance-fugitive-dust). The City most likely would require an increase water truck rounds to wet the exposed soils during grading. There is possibility the City would temporarily halt construction if the dust can not be controlled using standard methods or if the storm drain best management practices are not in place.

14. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Hey DDD, thank you much for checking this!!:thumbsup: I'll review the docs you linked, and contact them as needed,.

And yes, they had the public review comment section, which I didn't challenge mainly because " I don't mind the new homes there". But what they did, though omission, was not mention that it would be brought up to the level of our parking lot and create a dust/dirt/health issue. not to mention I know have to see parked cars and graders. I'm just guessing, but once the homes are in it'll block the sun too.

All this aside, at this point I would like them to;
    1) clean our parking lot so it looks like asphalt again and remove the dirt that has accumulated. They'll need shovels for this.
    2) wash everyones cars as they are absolutely destroyed ( after 2 hours windshields need to be cleaned to drive)
    3) Clean the building. I've had to wash my front door a few times, run your fingers down the garage door and it's covered in dirt now. Not to mention my balcony, plants, BBQ etc.
    4) I'll clean the interior of my own house, and they can listen to me snivel bitch about the dust/dirt.

Sooo....I'll be going to talk to the site supervisor tomorrow and ask them to look at it, clean it, and find report it if they don't. ( heck, I'll report it anyway ).

I did chat with one of the grader operators when "the Great Wall" reached the top. Poor guy, I unloaded on him. But he said in essence, "doing my job, tough Sh!t". :eek: which is what I would have said too....:gotnothing:

And @SnakeCharmer , I have seriously thought of moving over this. But in the end, it's the area/world we live in. I hear La Verne is nice... ( used to live there ).

On a side note, it was really sad to see the animals crushed, and birds looking around probably thinking " where'd my nest go". The vultures though had a field day. Was interesting watching them pic at and carry away the carcasses.

15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I did!
    This is the closes wall to my house now…
    8BC43BDA-5C1A-4AAD-8466-2A4CE8AF4A94.jpeg
    I know… I’m just being a stinker.
    Sorry to hear about this “development”.

To be honest, I’m curious how they can build a wall of that magnitude with interlocking blocks. I have built walls half that size and had to pour huge underground concrete pillars and pour in place walls with more steel than Pittsburgh can produce in a week!.

herzalot, Faust29, FizzyCola and 5 others like this.
  16. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    If that's on the west coast less than 45 min from a main airport I'm in!
    Those are requirements for my current position...so did it qualify? :whistling:

herzalot, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  17. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Mikie, when you're all beddah, we wanna see you huck that wall. :cool:

herzalot, Danimal, Danmtchl and 2 others like this.
  18. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That's almost zero since the 1980s. :thumbsdown:

I used to cover my nose when we drove through the plant when I was little... It was on both sides of the main artery into Buffalo. Even shut down, it still stinks... :sick: And it pretty much looks the same. :confused:

Sorry about the development, Danimal... That blows.

beth_steel_1-608w.jpg

Rumpled, Danimal, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  19. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Having driven past the monstrosity going up outside @Danimal 's place this is the bit I don't get either. This is an earthquake area surely? How do they get away with a stacked wall that high with houses built practically right up to the edge. The whole lot looks dodgy af to me.

Rumpled, herzalot, Danimal and 3 others like this.
  20. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    This is LESS than 40 mins from my front door. It’s the Buffalo National River and it’s in Arkansas…

21. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    upload_2022-3-9_18-47-26.jpeg

OTHRider, Rumpled, Obsidian and 4 others like this.
  22. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Look at the Geology Section of the MND and the appendix containing the geotechnical report.

Rumpled, herzalot, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  23. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    So, here's why I'm so f'in pissed. Swept on Friday, today is Wednesday and just got home after being gone for 3 days. I've lived here for 12 years, and it's never had dirt or dust until now. You tell me.

It's disgusting.

20220309_183755.jpg

20220309_183645.jpg

24. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I have a house on the lowest value street in town. I fixed it well and while I was doing that a developer took a real junk & tore it down. They put in 4 brand new homes. They are selling for 1,000,000+. In the long run new construction is going to be a bonus to you and your equity. Hopefully I can bank the bonus.

Danimal likes this.
  25. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Not really a like. Acknowledgement of the mess you are in.

herzalot and Danimal like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?