TRUCKEE GOODNESS

Discussion in 'Videos' started by hill^billy, Jul 22, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Cut out a bunch, mostly all down hill and I only road a fraction of it. Yah, pretty boring, but it gets posted anyway. I missed that heat wave that was so brutal. :)

Tahoe Donner trail system has 60+ beautiful miles of trails! You might say this community lives in heaven. I initially thought these trails would be pretty much tame(wrong), I only rode a very small portion, maybe 2% of the system. I discoverd another trail off of the Emigrant and started to ride up when it turned into a HAB. It wasn't long before I realized it was a very promising down hill run! Complete with burmed pavers, and chunky tech, rooted teasing tidbits which I knew I would not get to enjoy until next year because I love the later sunset rides, I didn't have the time, so I rode down what I had hiked up imagining the endorphins of the future! Soon the Emigrant made me forget what I had just missed! My card was full so I did not get any of other trails I also had stumbled upon, I can't see how Oregon could be better than Tahoe for riding. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to do Oregon's less traveled more out of town trails, and they will be cleared. Somebody do Lava Lake please, and give us a report? Make me go back.

2. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    I liked it! Is that an out and back or were those guys climbing just going the wrong direction on the loop?

hill^billy and Mikie like this.
  3. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

That is an out and back with many places to jump on, I did not ride much of it.

Mikie likes this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @hill^billy ,
    Do you still ride bikes in California??? :oops:

hill^billy and DangerDirtyD like this.
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

@Mikie > Actually finally got a ride today, has been 32 days since my last ride! Due to fire and smoke! Work! And a LBS eneptness!

6. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Lets ride HB!

hill^billy and Mikie like this.
  7. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I guess Wrightwood is out of the question.

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  8. scottay

Name:
    Scottay

Why? I'm off Thurs and Friday.

Mikie likes this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Mikie likes this.
  10. scottay

Name:
    Scottay
    oh Sh!t.....

Mikie likes this.
  11. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Threw up another vid of Tahoe Donner, I happend upon this place by chance, so glad I did!

Maddog likes this.
  12. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Cool looking trail! Right out of the campground is great! What's the name of the campground?

hill^billy likes this.
  13. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

All of the vid can be had from the Alder Creek campground, and much much more! I passed so many other trails. A new go to place. I've never heard of anyone talking about Tahoe Donner?