Trails near or around Stockton & Tracy area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redman, Jun 27, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Early next week I am going to drive up to Stockton and Tracy for the day for work. I am planning on bringing my bike so I can ride some new dirt the following day on the way home.

So... who knows of some worthy trails to check out in that area? OR, something worthy along the way. I can come back down home via the 5 fwy or the 99. Any trails within a stones throw of the highway is what I am after.

holla!

2. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I would think anywhere around Altmont pass, big hillside grassland has to have lots of deer trails

Danmtchl likes this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    The 5 runs through the middle of the San Joaquin Valley, so that's out until you hit GE....so there's that. Anything off the 99 is too far off, I think.

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Sadly my research is suggesting the same. It may be to late to ride by the time I get down near GE. We shall see.

I found some trails on Trailforks near Gilroy, Henry W. Coe State Park. But it’s about 1/2 hour off the 5.

The Search for Animal Shin continues.

5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    That’s a pretty desolate section of highway. Outside of Stockton due East off the 26 is New Hogan Lake with some trails at the Acorn Recreational area. I have never ridden them and seem pretty mild.

You have to travel South quite a ways to hit the stuff east of Porterville. Some sweet trails called Camp Nelson, and Bear Creek Trail. Unfortunately those are several miles of twisty mountain road to get to.

Then further South you have my neck of the woods with McGill trail to the west of the 5 and then Golden Eagle to the east. These two are the closest to the 5 but a long way south of Stockton.

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    How about detouring to the West and hitting Santa Cruz? The drive back down on 101 is fabulous compared to the 5.

7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    What @Mikie is saying looks like my best option. @SnakeCharmer could be a possibility. Wherever I go will be determined by what time I’m leaving NorCal. The earlier in the day the better.

Mikie and Danmtchl like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?