Trails I Wanna Ride!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnakeCharmer, Feb 27, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I’ve still never done cannell plunge or noble cyn.

Obsidian, herzalot and Faust29 like this.
  2. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    when they built Guadlasca it was machine built with no shade once you left the old road bed. Baby butt smooth, But those days are long gone. Still no shade so some things never change.

herzalot and Faust29 like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    There are a few other Hooligans who need to ride Chilao... We should do a group ride out there this spring.

And no Gab or the Merrills on the list?!?! :eek:o_O

Stkx66 and Derkderkall like this.
  4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yep, you take a beating coming down that one at any speed. :laugh:

Faust29 likes this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    ...Anything in BC that won't kill me... Squamish, Whistler (off-mountain) in the west, Revelstoke, Golden, Nelson, Rossland in the east. I'm not picky.

Faust29 likes this.
  6. Titus

Titus Well-Known Member

Name:
    Titus
    Current Bike:
    SC Hightower LT
    Interesting--that's the first meh review I've seen of LOTS. My goal is to fly into Oregon and ride Bend first, Bellingham second, and Whistler last. May be tough with the timing because I'm not sure I want to wait until Aug to hit Bend. I may have to skip LOTS and just ride what is open in BC in late June/early July. I'm sure between Squamish and Whistler I will find plenty to ride.

Faust29 likes this.
  7. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Wait til you hear what I have to say about Bend :Roflmao

Whistler area is having a below average snow year unlike the Sierras, so mid July (which is typical opening) isn't unreasonable at this point. Should know by April if that's still the case. The big issue by July/August is you run the risk of fires impacting riding. Everything but the high country riding will be better in June than July/August unless they're having another wet summer.

Faust29 likes this.
  8. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Thunder Mountain. I don’t think the riding is epic but the views -

bvader, herzalot, konakc and 3 others like this.
  9. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    you’re right, I should add them
    That’s more of an embarrassment than anything since I figuratively see them from my back yard, although Merrills and the gab exposure terrifies me...

There is a loop I wanted to do from home before the bobcat fire. Up Sawpit/Monrovia Canyon to White Saddle, continue to rincon redbox, west to the gabrielino, the down to Chantry/Winter Creek.. Would have been a tough one when I was able to put in bigger miles and elevation, let alone now...

10. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Evan and I probably don't see eye to eye* on a lot of our riding (just a different style). But I do know that a LOT of people like the kind of stuff that Evan and I both find meh, and that is machine cut stuff. Sure, it CAN be fun, but I don't like to travel and ride trails that I can ride anywhere else. A tractor cuts the same trail at Vail Lake down here as they do in Whistler (which I have not ridden).

I do tend to have fun on any trail I ride. But some trails stir the emotions better than others.

*I much prefer shorter rides that are pure rides. He likes really long adventures that are definitely adventures :Roflmao

It is a beautiful. Done it twice, would ride again. Though last time I found some extra credit on the other side of the highway to make it a bigger loop and was MUCH happier.

SART is a good fun ride.
    I remember Noble being great. But it was a long time ago and I remember being disappointed with it being too short of a ride. I think I can add distance, but I was traveling with others.
    Wrightwood is good. Nothing crazy, just a nice ride.
    I remember Golden Eagle being like a mix of SART singletrack with Wrightwood elevation. I would probably do again if I was in the area.
    I keep wanting to do San Juan, but something always holds me back. I keep feeling like it is going to disappoint me with all the hype. I have been disappointed every single time I have ridden on that mountain range.
    I want to do Cannell, but I don't like shuttling. I need to figure that one out at some point.

bvader, redwoods, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  11. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 6, Litespeed SS
    Good luck trying to climb the "plunge" on Cannell.
    If you book the entire shuttle for yourself, you would not have to deal with anybody except the driver. Problem solved.

herzalot and Faust29 like this.
  12. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    This thread is really reminding me of all the trails I had on my list in my late teens and twenties. I need to start prioritizing travel that includes bike rides. I still haven't even been to Downieville.

I'm not a fan of shuttles, but, I'd still rather shuttle San Juan than climb it. I think it's a good ride from Blue Jay Camp down to the hot springs. There's still plenty of climbing for my taste.

Sidewalk and Faust29 like this.
  13. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Ive seen riders pedaling up the mountain road from below to access Cannell.

14. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I generally don't like shuttling, I prefer to pedal up stuff when I can.

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  15. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Basic Noble Loop is short. Adding in Indian Creek Trail bumps it to 23 miles. Adding in a loop around the lake bumps it to 30 miles.

16. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Adding in Cuyumaca can bump it up to 60 miles :sneaky:

Sasquatch9billion and Sidewalk like this.
  17. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I know.....I looked/planned out a loop up there a while back.

Sasquatch9billion and Sidewalk like this.
  18. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    This ^^^^ I can have fun on all types of rides. But some definitely provide more stoke and inspiration, and scratch that itch better than others.

19. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    noble canyon laguna is so under rated. I like it as much as san juan, cannell, etc. different but just as fun...bit far of a drive though for the distance ridden...
    Cannell plunge is so much downhill your thumbs get tired... unless you crazy down hill bomber no brakes kinda rider...

20. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    right now I'd be happy to ride the full floop!

Oaken, bvader, herzalot and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?