Trail Work/ deconstruction. Ladera Ranch

Discussion in 'Trail Maintenance' started by shawndoh, Jun 8, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Very interesting situation happening over in Ladera. Here is the facebook invite.

https://www.facebook.com/events/819876608142624/

Our habitat restoration/trail rehab day is finally upon us so, before we meet up on Saturday, here are a few final, final notes and reminders:

1) We are now meeting at 8am instead of 8:30am, in the parking lot of the Starbucks located at 27622 Antonio Pkwy in Ladera Ranch. From there, we’ll likely split into a couple of groups to cover all of the areas we’re trying to rehab.
    2) There will be snacks and water but, please come prepared with some of your own and make sure to stay hydrated throughout the time you’re out there.
    3) Wear clothing that is appropriate for shoveling, planting, and generally getting dirty. Closed toe shoes are a must and hats and long pants are recommended.
    4) Trail work will likely last about 3 to 3.5 hours. Following our trail work, we’ll be meeting back up at The Ranch Sports Grill (near the Starbucks) for lunch…please try to stay and get to know everyone if you can.
    5) Pure Ride Cycles is sponsoring the event with a $10 gift certificate for everyone who participates so now you have yet another great reason to get out and work with us!

Thanks again for all of your support…we’re looking forward to seeing you all Saturday morning!

2. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I've generally been told that planting season coincides with the rainy season. Perhaps there's an irrigation plan in place? Another option is to plant seeds, and then they germinate when they get rained on.

From the website, it looks like some trails are going to be closed so that others can be re-opened. That sounds like a good idea, and I'm glad SOCTC is working on it.

shawndoh, knucklebuster and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?