Trail Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek13, Mar 30, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derek13

Derek13 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Smith
    Current Bike:
    SC Hightower
    Hello All. I'm taking a friend out this weekend for his first MTB ride on a trail with a demo bike. He's a capable rider with little endurance and some extra weight. HAHA I would also like to grab a demo Santa Cruz from The Path at their Live Oak store and try it at the same time.

My question to you guys is the trail options and quality close to The Path and Oneil Park. I have only rode Whiting and The Luge in that area. I'm not sure how far or much time I will get on my demo Santa Cruz. Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

Cornholio and Faust29 like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I don't think O'Neil provides enough variety to get a good test in on a bike.

It's good if you wanna see how a bike climbs on fire roads....but technical ST is limited.

Best to head over to Whiting or Luge or both.

Cornholio, Derek13 and Faust29 like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    In O'Neill you have the Vista DH, which is a smooth flowy trail. Your techie options are the two ends of Live Oak that see little traffic. They both start by the water tower... And are about a minute long each.

I'd head for the STT and the Luge if you want to test a bike.

Or... If you want more techie, hike up Ding Dong, which starts in the Trabuco Wash, not far past the RC plane field. It's an angrier Luge on steroids. The loop version would be to start in Robinson Ranch and ride/HAB the end of the Bell Trail to the flag, and drop down Ding Dong. I've only ridden it once with @mike , but it's a harder trail than the Luge and gets no traffic.

Cornholio likes this.
  4. Derek13

Derek13 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Smith
    Current Bike:
    SC Hightower
    The Luge loop is top of my list. I'm just concerned with time on the demo and my friends ability to get up STT. I'll just kick him in the ass and tell him to suck it up. What are friends for if not to shame and abuse you...

herzalot, Cyclotourist, Luis and 4 others like this.
  5. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Pretty sure the common demo trail from Path LO is STT/Luge so even if he has to walk some you guys should have plenty of time.

herzalot, Derek13 and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?