Tires: 29' Maxxis

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Severum, Jan 12, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Severum

Severum Member

Name:
    Tyson
    Current Bike:
    2016 Yeti SB5.5
    I just got my baby some new shoes. The Rekon 2.6 is finally in on my Yeti 55 up front, and placed an Ikon in the rear. Excellent combo and dropped over a lb.!!!!!

Soooo, as in my usual fashion, tires for free! I have a DHF II 2.5 and an Aggressor 2.3 with tons of tread left. Free. Come get em.

If anyone is considering the Rekon, give it a go. Not quite as grippy as the DHF, but close enough and roughly 300g lighter up front. Definitely noticeable for me. HMU if you'd like to come pick up this set of tires. A sixer of quality craft brew, or even a bottle of bourbon would do but not absolutely necessary.

Severum

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That's awesome... Someone will take them off of your hands shortly. :thumbsup:

And now I see the Rekon 29er is in stock! Woo-Hoo! Been waiting to try that one... :D

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Anyone not sporting a sixer or bottle will earn some horrible negative karma points.

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    If you lived closer I would take the tires. Report back how you like the 2.6 Rekon. I'm still waiting for the 2.6 Forekasters to come out.

5. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    I'll take the tires if you still have them. That's the exact setup that I've been wanting to try on my hightower. What's your favorite beer?

6. Severum

Severum Member

Name:
    Tyson
    Current Bike:
    2016 Yeti SB5.5
    @Ebruner I sent you a txt.

@UPSed I'll do a write up in a few weeks and report back. Yesterday wasn't fair on my Aliso TECRIL route....thanks @herzalot .......the tackiness of the trails couldn't have been better. The Rekon was stuck like glue, in a great way. We shall see how she performs when its back to sandy and dry.

7. Severum

Severum Member

Name:
    Tyson
    Current Bike:
    2016 Yeti SB5.5
    Tires gone! Thanks to @Ebruner , I got hooked up with more than enough libations!

Severum

Cyclotourist and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?