TIME Atac DH4 pedals

Discussion in 'Clipped' started by dustyyoungblood, Dec 28, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. History:
    Circa 2005 I bought my first pair of clip in pedals after getting my ass kicked DH racing at Southridge USA on flats. I was a late bloomer and might of even had toe clips on my hardtail XC bike at this time :). So I went to the Bike co in Lake Forest and asked for "the best DH racing clipless pedals and shoes" I left with a pair of Addidas Hematoma shoes (best DH shoe ever) and a pair of TIME Z DH4 pedals. I went the next day early AM before work and tested them at Aliso woods, immediately loving the confidence down rock-it. 2 days later I was DH racing with clipless pedals with only about 2 hours of practice time going clipless. I did not die, and never looked back.

Later I used Cranks brothers Candy and acids on my AM bike. But I still enjoyed the seriousness of the time z DH4 spring clip and sturdy platform. The float was good also, so I could point my toes and turn from my hips no problem.

These were $99 and 532 grams/pair in 2005 and I bashed the absolute Sh!t out of them on rocks over and over and never broke or needed to service them. One pair I bashed enough to severely deform the platform, but the spindle stayed true and I hammerd the platform out and kept riding.

Fast forward to mid 2016.
    I pop on the new model, time DH4, they are $99 and 238grams/pair
    After riding a few months I am 100% happy. Stable platform, float is good. The springs feel stronger than Crank Bros, but release is just as easy. I am heavy, and these hold up without and maintenance. They may not be as sexy as CB Mallets, but I like riding with them and the performance is unmatched.

You can check out the lighter Versons from TIME also.

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6167.JPG

Faust29, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Hales

Paul Hales Member

Name:
    Paul Hales
    Current Bike:
    Norco Torrent custom build
    My wife recently went from Shimano SPD pedals to time mx4's and commented immediately that her feet felt more comfortable.

3. You know what's really funny, I just switched to flats and love it :)

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  4. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I use the MX8 pedals and also have some OG ATACS.

Mikie likes this.