This would piss me off!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yvettessherpa, Mar 3, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. yvettessherpa

yvettessherpa Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    YETI Baby!!!
  2. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Sidewalk, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Great race organization! Let's start the women 10 mins behind the men. What could happen? :facepalm:

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Making them stop changed the entire character of the race from that point forward. Boooooo. No bueno.

:thumbsdown:

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I showed that one to the wife.... I can't repeat what she said. :oops:

Sidewalk, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Just another reason not to pay any attention to "sanctioned" races. Basically a load of crap.

Cyclotourist, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Chicked again, yowch. :bang::geek: A huge, public chicking. Good work, ladies. Deal with it, boys.

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Except the boys didn't get to deal with it. Too confusing and dangerous to let the women weave their way through the ambulances, sag wagons, support vehicles and off-the back riders, so they just stopped them (the women). :thumbsdown:

9. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    I think it would piss any sane person off... as a sign of poor race organization. If there is a chance that two races would overlap CHANGE THE PLAN! Not only is it stupid to think that the fastest woman isn't going to be faster than the slowest man, but why don't you give enough gap between the races so that the spectators can celebrate the winning women as much as the winning men - without a clusterfuck at the finish line?

Strangely... a year ago I was going to run a 10K in Newport Beach to support breast cancer awareness. I am NOT a competitive runner - I thought it would be cool to show up and support a good cause. Then I heard that all men would be held back 10 minutes after the start - that no men would be allowed at the start of the race. I understand WHY they did this... but it still made me feel like a 2nd class citizen. Because of this, I did not attend. Discuss :)

10. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Wimpy men not being able to deal with a female bettering them.

Seriously though, they should have let the teams merge and deal with result. Now that would be cool, a lady getting 2nd in the men's race.

And in case you didn't know it, American Ninja Warriors has the same course for everyone. Win lose or draw the sex don't matter. Although I like the women...:whistling:

11. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    US Airborne school has the same course for everyone. Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, male, female, officer, enlisted... it is all the same. They make a minor adjustment for upper body strength and the pull-up requirement (men vs women). But if you can't run 10 miles in boots, game over. Graduation rate for men: 40%. For women: 10%. But all the women I served with deserved to be where they were. I always thought they were badder than bad to get there... versus some of the guys might be strong, but were questionable on other lines.

12. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    What happened? I refuse to turn off my adblocker to view the link.

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Woman caught up to the men's field in a race, so they stopped all the women for a period of time. Cold legs and lack of momentum moved the woman who was leading to finish 74th - among the women.

14. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Sad

15. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    @Danimal et al... This wasn't about a woman riding faster than many in the men's field. That happens all the time in most competitions in which women and men share the same course. The story here is the race organizers not considering that when they planned and executed the race.

16. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    This never happens on a trail ride... :geek:

And therein lies the chicking. :)

Self induced is common. I recognize it well... :bang:

17. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    All the male backmarkers should have been removed from the course as the women approached.

Worse than that, one woman had a solo break away. She busted her ass to get away from the field and create a gap. She was then forced to rejoin the pack. All her work was for nothing.

18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Aww c'mon. They gave her like a two minute head start when they re-started! :facepalm: :confused:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?