thinkMTB Club

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by mtnbikej, Apr 17, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. horsebikerider

horsebikerider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Suzanne Martin
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy
    Thanks Sid! We greatly appreciate your input and feedback. I have always had nothing but great interactions with you and Think MTB. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. See you on the trails! :thumbsup:

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Nope....

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I would agree with any and all of this... PROVIDED... Legitimate proof is provided. This does not include bogus rear view mirror placards and doctor's notes for sale by unethical physicians. I'm talking legitimate provable limitations. Otherwise... I'm not buying it.

Even @rossage can get a note for medical marijuana... :rolleyes:

But let's focus on the immediate issue here and help others get better at trail advocacy.
    :thumbsup:

4. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I
    I feel you J, but this is a losing battle. This is 2019 America: The law doesn’t matter, written policy is irrelevant, reality is optional. What you feel inside is what’s true, and don’t let anyone stop you from living your truth. Oprah says so!

If someone says that they are a World Cup champion trapped in a weekend warrior’s dad bod, modern morality requires you to affirm them, give them a trophy, and let them ride their motorcycle past you up the hill. Don’t be a hater.

5. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    No man who says `I'm as good as you' believes it. He would not say It if he did. The St. Bernard never says it to the toy dog, nor the scholar to the dunce, nor the employable to the bum, nor the pretty woman to the plain. The claim to equality, outside the strictly political field, is made by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior. What it expresses is precisely the itching, smarting writhing awareness of an inferiority which the patient refuses to accept(C. S. Lewis, "Screwtape Proposes A Toast," in The World's Last Night and Other Essays, Harcourt, Brace and Company, New York: 1960, pages 60-61).

6. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Keep us posted would ya...I’d love to hear the details!:sneaky::rolleyes:

7. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    We don’t need people like that here! I even unfollow the “mtn bikers” who post they’re ebike rides on Strava.:facepalm:

8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I do too. What’s the point of following someone riding an eBike? For their accomplishments?

9. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    On last weekend morning's ride at a popular park, this type of behavior, and worse, seemed to be disturbingly common. Funny thing is, didn't see an e-bike the whole ride. I think there just might be something to the notion that it's a personality thing, not what kind of contraption they ride.