The Women's Saddle Shootout

Discussion in 'Saddles' started by Tedroy, Sep 9, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Tags:
  1. Tedroy

Tedroy Member

Name:
    Ted Knecht
    Current Bike:
    2015 Turner Flux LG
    The Women's Saddle Shootout has a winner!
    My wife Leah had a Rocket V on the bike when she got it. Hated it. Way too narrow for her. So we got a bunch of saddles and tried them out. The winner was the Specialized Lithia Gel Comp at 155mm.
    winner3.jpg

These others came to play but butted out.
    saddles.jpg

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    So you bought 4 saddles for your wife....of which only 1 was a women's specific saddle, and you are surprised that she chose that one?

Women have wider sit bones than men do....so "most" prefer a wider saddle.

My wife tried a few of the WTB Women's saddles and didn't care for them. However, she has been extremely happy on her Terry Butterfly saddle.

Lots of options out there....

Mikie, Faust29, MrGreedom and 2 others like this.
  3. Tedroy

Tedroy Member

Name:
    Ted Knecht
    Current Bike:
    2015 Turner Flux LG
    Who says I bought them? When did I say I was surprised? Ease up there Bucky.

4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Sorry pet peeve of mine

Turning it around....it kinda like your wife saying...."i had my husband try 4 different pairs of shoes....Stilleto's with 3" heels, 4" heels, 5" heels, and a pair of running shoes.....the winner was the running shoes".

You get the point though.....I worked in a shop for many years and guys would come in and try to buy things like saddles for their GF/Wife/Friend....they never reached for the Women's specific saddles, they always went with what worked for them. Kind of the same reason that the chamois in men's shorts are different than women's.

It's great you tried several different saddles. It's even better that you found one she likes. Had you said you tried 4 different women's saddles and she chose "X" it would make more sense.

Saddles are like shoes.....we are all prefer something different.

Mikie, Faust29, MrGreedom and 4 others like this.
  5. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Valid points on all accounts by both parties.

If you didn't buy the saddles you were testing what's the secret to getting 4 demos? Curious because the lbs where I'm a regular is more for wrenching on bikes than retail.

Mikie, mtnbikej and Faust29 like this.
  6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  7. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    My GF is using a SLR Lady Flow on her 29r and a Selle SMP on her road. She picked up a Diva Gel Flow at the same time she bought the SLR just in case the SLR didn't work out:rolleyes:. It's been a few months and the Diva Gel is still in the packaging.

She's got a bunch of saddles in the garage from "trying" them out. She recently got a 6Fattie and that has a Henge on it. I haven heard her complain about it yet:cautious:.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?