The People Suck Thread

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Sep 4, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Oh my gawd... Rand-e? :gag:
    This could cycle back to inappropriate words...:rolleyes:

Your eBike name should be eD. If you don’t get it yet, just associate it with a medical term for Limp Biscuit. :eek::Roflmao

2. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

Mikie likes this.
  3. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    So people suck.
    Got a text, email and push notification from a CCard company about possible fraud on my card.
    Apparantly they sent me a new card that didn't need to be activated. I'm guessing it went to the wrong address or was snatch from my box.

Either way, the scumball mofo charged 3k+ at Costco, and another few hundred at few other places. I called Costco and told them the time, my name etc and I'd like to check their cameras to get info on the thief. They could not have been less interested. Said make police report and they will follow up but in not getting Sh!t. Haha...as if the police will... right. I'm saying that " you're not getting paid let's catch the person". Oh well... thought if it went to a neighbor I might recognize them. I

So I called carparts.com where they also bought something. Was able to provide enough info that they cancelled the order, but they would not supply the email used, or the shipping address or name. I like WTF, if I have the billing info your can give me the rest if it. Nope. They didn't give a :poop: either. Should have let them take the hit. Cause they're not getting paid either, but at least the scumball isn't getting their parts.

So, people suck, companies don't give a F@ck if they get ripped off, so it'll keep on going on.
    oh, this isn't over, I'm walking I to the Costco and talking to them.

Anyway don't buy from #carparts.com unless you're ripping them off because they don't care.

Bottom line, some people suck.

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    A business cannot provide you with the private info of a scum sucking lowlife dirtbag life long criminal with a wrap sheet that is ten pages long. The criminal can legally sue the company for doing so.

And I agree, some people suck.

5. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Maybe maybe not. But I do believe in karma. They'll get theirs and I hope I hurts.

So let me get this straight, they can impersonate me, but I'm not allowed to see MY info. Because they obviously thought it was me. Sorry snake, you can't get that info as you might not be you. But if you're not you than that's OK.

1) costco has them on video
    2) they were having parts sent to an address from carparts.com.
    3) compare the video pic with the resident at the address and if it matched case closed.
    4) doesn't get much easier than that.
    5) let them be Rockos' play toy in prison.

Mikie, DangerDirtyD, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  6. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    You can't legally take matters into your own hands. I'm not saying that I agree with it, I'm just trying say it how it is, by the standards of the law. In this case, the videos can be obtained by the fraud investigating dept of the CC bank and or by the local authorities, but not by the victim, ever.

7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I cannot dispense justice but I CAN investigate and come to a reasonable conclusion.

Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @Danimal - if they give you the info and you go shoot 'em dead, the company is liable. The information should be sent to the police and the CC fraud division, not the angry citizen. I actually agree with this. I cannot give an angry parent information about another student so they can go harass or injure the student or family based on either real or false accusations. Justice is not to be meted out by the victim.

Mikie, Faust29, Cyclotourist and 6 others like this.
  9. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yes! Yes! To herzalot, we should listen!

10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but it's too bad @ridinrox doesn't post here anymore. She would VEHEMENTLY disagree with you! :eek: :sneaky: :thumbsup:

Mikie, Luis, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  11. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Maybe I can put Voodoo on them. Hehehe....

so your saying no one cares so why should I? Interesting. The bread crumbs are there...follow then.

12. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I would see how far a $100 bribe to the right employee might go ...

Mikie, Faust29, Danmtchl and 2 others like this.
  13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    No - I am saying it's not up to you to investigate and apply justice. Unless you paid and were not refunded, the real victims are the CC company and/or the businesses and/or their insurance companies who have to eat the fraudulent costs. They are motivated to prosecute. The police as an arm of the State are charged with investigating the crime. The DA brings charges (or not). The courts decide justice. You can testify as a witness or victim, but that's unlikely. More likely is that you will never know whether they pursued it legally or not.

Of course, all of those costs get passed back to the consumer and/or taxpayer eventually. So yes - people suck!

14. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Unless this dude’s packin’ a wallet, I’d say this can be filed here…

113A74C5-EC18-4A6A-BC18-CBB172D223FF.jpeg

Mikie, herzalot, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  15. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'm having flashbacks of siblings, moms and grandmas donning their bandanas and uncovering their gang tattoos while walking from the parking lot to the office... tire iron in hand. We rollin' deep, Baby!

I miss Florida sometimes... :inlove:

But your post is something that we knew to live by. There were no exceptions. :thumbsup:

16. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Witnessed the epitome of fuckwittery today at one of the local parks. They'd put boards out to tell everyone to keep off the playing fields due to the wet conditions - and that was fair enough, you could see where anyone had ventured on or off the grass for the divots in the field and the wet shoe prints on the path around the point of re-entry. Mr. self entitled fuckwit is running (well he probably calls it running, I'd call it a geriatric shuffle) doing laps going out of his way to push all of the boards over. Called him out on it but off he trots, so I start putting all the boards back up. Next lap, yep you guessed it, he's pushing them all over again :mad:
    Having the wife, kids and in-laws with me was the only thing stopping me from joining his run where we might have accidently bumped shoulders (I think you lot call it a hip check in these parts?), damn it was tempting to put him on the deck :unsure:

Mikie, Rumpled, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  17. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Id have stood next to one of the boards you had uprighted to see if he dare knock it back down in front of you. And, if he did, he'd better know how to run faster, out of there. Otherwise, a muddy mask might just do his soul some good. :D

Mikie, herzalot, Obsidian and 2 others like this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    @Lost Kiwi - Rules and courtesy only apply to others. Don’t impinge on my freedom to be a self centered asshat!