The pat myself on the back thread...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BonsaiNut, Oct 8, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Year to date I have officially burned more cals on the bike than the last two calendar years combined... and I am still going :)

UPSed, Cyclotourist, Luis and 10 others like this.
  2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Cool thread idea so I'll toot my own horn also. Goal starting the year was 3k miles & 300k elevation and I've already surpassed that so reset the mark at 4k & 400k. Other goal was to hit as much new dirt as possible and I've been pretty blessed in that dept also. According to my garmins calculations I've burned over 2500 beers worth of calories and shamefully I've probably drank darn close to that...

MrGreedom, Faust29, herzalot and 11 others like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    "I'm riding my bike again and it's still fun! I used to rip when I was able to commute to work on weekdays, but now I'm riding slow and short. It's still fun though. Man! Posting that feels good."

That ^^^ is what I wrote to post here. Then I was gonna delete it out of concern it would be misinterpreted, but I changed my mind again. All I know is my days are numbered. And your days are numbered. Enjoy every mile. Or something like that.

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Am still above ground...not gravely incapacitated...appear a productive citizen...still gainfully married...

BonsBro, I got at least four pats coming. Thanks for helping me destroy those damn rotator cuffs :bang:

5. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Twice this year
    I almost died
    Red light out
    In my eye
    To live and ride
    I am fated
    Until the day
    I'm terminated

6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I went all day without posting something stupid... :thumbsup:

Oh crap. :bang:

7. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Gonna spin HJ soon.... First rain of the season and I will be there. Thinking about taking one of my young dogs out. Better bring your "A" game because she will tear you up... even wearing a backpack. First dog I've ever had that I think will outrun me on the downhill :)

By the way... I still have a gift for you :)

8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    All great, Greg...looking forward to that rain and ride. WS worked on Holy Jim today, so it's ready for that perfecting rain.

A dog tearing someone up is not necessarily what a recent dog bite victim wants to hear...:eek: but I would love to ride with one of your poochies. :cool:

I forgot about the mystery gift!!!!!!!!! I hope it has a long shelf life :geek:

Congratulations on all the calorie burning, BTW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Rules of dog ownership:

(1) You have to be smarter than a dog to own one.
    (2) You are either the leader of the pack... or your view never changes. My dogs would never bite anyone, because they know I would bite them harder.

I used to work with dogs in the military. It's all about respect and love. Respect comes first, love comes second.

rocket6.jpg

10. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Good trail dogs are priceless. My last dog only bit one person and that was my ex wife. I chalk that up to the dog being a good judge of character.

11. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    rocket3.jpg

Rocket on lower HJ in the rain sayin' - what are you stopping for? You can clear that!

rocket5.jpg

These are from six years ago... I still run him six miles a week, but I'm concerned about how fast he would be on the downhills. I have my speed demon, Dash, for that :) I have to run her with a pack because she is too crazy fast for me.

12. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I rode over 100 miles today and I'm going to ride tomorrow. Yeah. I'm cool like that.

13. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Glad to hear this! I got bloody going up it last time... My 800mm bars were too wide for the trail. And, as soon as my third cup of coffee goes down, I'm heading there for a spin! Probably leave the house around 7:30-8:00 if anyone else is out that way.

And my back pat... I passed last year's climbing total the other day. Anything else from this point is gravy.

14. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    I went up Harding to 4 Corners today - sorry I missed this invite. I left the house at about 5:45 tho... Made sure I wore a bright jersey on the trail this morning. When I pulled into the Wildlife Sanctuary lot there were already four big pickups there. Bumped into three hunters on the way up... but by the time I came down they were all gone.

Harding is really nice right now. Pretty tight conditions with very few loose spots. I was able to do an out-and-back to 4 Corners in under 2:30 (total time including stops), which for me is fast.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?