The Other Side (BURKHART)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by hill^billy, Mar 14, 2014.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I have recently discovered another piece of forest heaven riding! The Punchbowl and Burkhart area is some real nice mountin biking. Lucky enough for me it is only 35 minutes from the house. I had only ridden this with Maddog once, he was the one who turned me on to the gems.Maddog had commented that the other side of Burkhart past the wind mill would most likley be in bad shape, while riding the front side from the parking lot there are vantage points where I could see Burkhart looked well traveled and seemed maintained. I have been riding the two trails solo and wishing someone could enjoy pure ST with me. Anyway today I went up and explored it solo again cause everyone seems to have a job.
    On the way up on this remote trail, I saw hikers and even trail runners which was good news to me. To my surprise the trail is what I love and after climbing it, what a downhill run! Fast! If your not carefull to fast can be had.
    I have more exploring to do, I only went up about two or three miles from the wind mill, cause I have a bigger ride on Saturday.

Here are some pics. Sorry about the placement. Who's in for next time?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9, Santa Cruz Hightower
    I'm ALWAYS in for next time. You just gotta plan it so I can make the next time. Great Ride report and pics H^B!!!

3. Willi-D

Willi-D Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    I would like to do this one also. I've only ridden the very first part you did on your first ride report of it.

I can usually get out now on my off fridays again between 7AM and gotta be home by 3:30. My off Friday was yesterday so my next is in two weeks if that works. The weekends are just big unknowns as far as planning - stuff always seems to come up making it risky to commit to anything in advance (risk of being a flake).

Let me know next time and I'll try to join you guys.

4. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Did you go all the way up to the saddle above the drop to the PCT? Great pics but now I have to go to a chiropractor! :?

5. DaveO

DaveO Newbie

Name:
    David OSullivan
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem
    I would love to join next time. Just need a little heads up, can do most Fridays or weekends.

6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

No, I didn't go up that far(about 3 miles) because I had a ride today in Irvine, and I was saving myself, it was really hard to turn around cause it just kept getting better the deeper up the cyn. Next ride I hope to make it to the PCT. My hope is high that it's in good enough shape to ride because it is definetly being used, I was very surprised to see a trail runner and a group of hikers.

7. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I'll post up with more notice next time.

8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Sounds good Dave, it's been awhile since I've seen you, for the most part I didn't see much exposure but I'm not sure about up higher, you would probably know better than me? If the SOT can be added than that would truely be EPIC!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?