The Lake Trail, Lake Tahoe

Discussion in 'Bikepacking' started by mike, Aug 13, 2018.

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Right on, Ev. Yes, they are working with USFS on the routing/trail. The word I get is that it could take a year or many to finish the trail, and I don't know what factors weigh in that.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His vision is for this route to be patterned after some of the European through-trails that are user friendly to all, and include frequent enough resupply stops for hikers and not spending a lot of time off the trail. So yes, the present raw nature of it seems like a temporary developmental thing. Chris has spent a lot of time on his moto and researching ways to link it up. So many crafty little alternates to the TRT, and, it's amazing how expansive is the network of passages around a place like Tahoe.

I'm hopeful for an incredible final product. Meanwhile, the less refined among us can get all the rawness they can handle without too much remote commitment. I can see this becoming one of the standards. I'll share more as possible...

Thanks, Luis! I would have taken longer if I had stuck more to the route. Like maybe a week!

No Stanford Rock climb. It stays down low through there all the way to Meeks Bay.

Holler if/when you coming up :thumbsup:

herzalot, Luis, doublewide and 2 others like this.
  2. 406

406 Member

Name:
    Brian
    Current Bike:
    Ripmo
    Nice!

mike likes this.
  3. Josh Donovan

Josh Donovan Guest

Looks cool!!!! Any idea how much elevation gain?&&&

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    I can see a spammer not wanting to invest unnecessary effort trying to appear like a normal user, wasting time on trivialities like reading the posted content.

5. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    But these algorithms for them are getting much more interesting.

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    A timely bump, I guess. :geek:

The Lake Trail, or some permutation of it, is on my summer to-do list, around August. I love solo, but if some ‘core freak was amped for loaded mileage binging... 3-4 days with a guide and re-supply points would make it pretty sane.

If you’re a mountain biker (even one from Ukraine) with a bent for technical XC, winging it, primitive camping and laughing at HAB, you need to do this. It’s an unforgettable way to see Lake Tahoe, and it’s loaded with world-class ST.

rossage, Old&InTheWay and mtnbikej like this.