The Jeep electric motorbike

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BonsaiNut, Feb 3, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Not sure if people watching the game were paying attention, but in the top ad spot in this year's Super Bowl, Bill Murray is seen riding with a groundhog on a bicycle in the snow.

Turns out this wasn't just ANY bicycle in the snow - it is the Jeep's new "electric bike" which in an oxymoron because it comes standard with a 2HP (1500 watt) motor, putting it clearly outside of the definition of an e-bike and clearly in the realm of motorbikes... and yet guess what it looks like?

https://electrek.co/2020/02/02/jeep-unveils-electric-bicycle-1-5-kw-peak-motor/

Depending on its top speed, I'm not even sure WHAT it is - since it doesn't fall under regulations for motorbikes, scooters or mopeds. I'm just damn certain it isn't an e-bike.

upload_2020-2-3_13-29-56.png

Faust29, Danmtchl, ~JB~ and 3 others like this.
  2. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    It's not a bike by CA standards, but might be licensed as a moped since (I think) an electric vehicle which can be pedaled can be classified as a moped here. Loved the commercial and movie though.

3. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    *eMotorcycle

Faust29, Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  4. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Coming soon to your local trails

Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  5. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I seen the commercial I didn't even pay attention to the bike though, oh well that's the future of mountain bikes fortunate for some not so much for others:gag:"

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?