The day I left lurker status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Postal Pat, Sep 7, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    So this popped up on my Facebook memories today from 2015 and it took me only a second to remember that ride, I'd been lurking on the board for awhile and noticed @UPSed had posted a ride him and @Mikie were doing in wildwood, so I summoned the courage to respond and say I was going join them. I knew Ed but probably hadn't ridden with in years and I think he knew who I was when I commented. So I actually showed up a little early at the meeting spot, very rare for me to show up on time :) Mikie showed up first and I walked over and introduced myself not knowing what to think about there reaction to some guy they weren't really sure of showing up, after a few minutes meeting Mikie all my fears were put to rest as he couldn't have been nicer and always Ed was welcoming and we headed off for the ride. That's the one and only time I've been there so I can't really tell you much about it except to say I probably rode a little over my head because I didn't want to the comedy in the write up Mikie was going do later. It really was fun and totally glad I decided to exit the lurker zone and actually get involved, thanks for that welcome ride Mikie and Ed

Screenshot_2018-09-07-07-43-27-1.png

MnMDan, Luis, DangerDirtyD and 15 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I don't think I ever lurked. I gave up on that other place, don't remember how I found this one, and never looked back. :cool:

3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    What you mean you rode someplace other than Tapia...:Roflmao:D:rolleyes::confused:...Just messin with ya Pat, you're a good dude, fun to ride and hang out with. I think I met you when you blew by me on Kona trail on your new Kona. Took me a couple miles to finally catch up to you near the sports complex and drool over your Hei Hei. I think I bought my Hei Hei a couple weeks later.

Funny story, I've gotten home a few times from rides and my wife asks who I rode with. I tell her Pat and she looks at me all confused then I tell her "the beard" and she always says "oh you mean ZZ Top"...:Roflmao

4. Postal Pat

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    I remember that day, and I'll gladly take zz top

5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Ahhhh Man!
    Group hug!
    @Postal Pat is being humble. As I remember it, he kicked my ass that day, ha ha!
    I remember that day very well. It was an awesome day because that’s the day we became good friends!

Mountain biking fun.... :thumbsup:

6. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Let's do it again! Twice! :whistling:

7. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Hi @psmhawaii aka @postalpat :)

8. Postal Pat

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Looking forward to the next time we ride :):thumbsup:

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  9. Postal Pat

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    I'd love to do that ride again

mountaingirl sara, UPSed and Mikie like this.
  10. Postal Pat

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Hi Sara :)

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    What days are you off this week? I'm planning on heading over there Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday.

Mikie and mountaingirl sara like this.
  12. Postal Pat

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    I had Monday off,

Mikie and UPSed like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?