The Bomb Squad bombs Chilao x4!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Tom the Bomb, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb Well-Known Member

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Oh yaaaaah baby what a day!
    Redwoods and I could not take in the goods with Mikie Sat . Sunday was the day for us. Sorry we missed you @Mikie.
    Pat picked up his new Process and was itching to hit some chunk. Initially he was talking Mt. Lowe but I lured him into Chilao when he heard I had Hillbilly on the hook. Unfortunately Doug's bike was under the weather and he would have to wait for this RR. I posted up the ride last night and not to my surprise Grego and Vince jumped on it. They really dig this ride.

We Met at Newcomes at 8:30, suited up and climbed the road to 3 points, dropped in on the Silver Moc., climbed up to the top and HAULED THE MAAAAAAIL! We bobbed, weaved, launched and railed our way to the bottom and proceeded to hit Hillyer twice and the S.M. once more just because it is SOOOOOO DAMN FUUUUUUN!

Pat was all smiles after rockin the gnar on his new military green badazz machine! GregO hit the spine x2 for the first time. And no kidding cleaned the WALL! Vince just smirked and said silly man! Of course The Trail Slayer railing his Transition was on fire the whole day. Hope he got some good vid. We found a couple new rock rolling lines and rock drops . One such section we hit the first time down we came up to and were about to attack the second time through and were greeted by a big log across the line. WTF! Who is messin with our stoke! A Couple others (that should have been blocked off ) lines had been too! Then we round a sweeper gettin ready to hit the back to back log booters and guess who we run into? MR. and MRS. Ranger! Oops now we know! Luckily we have got some pull with the trail police:whistling:. No worries the McGuirres are sooooo cool! When I got a handshake and a hug I knew we were good. Not sure how that log got so far down the hill:whistling:.

No mechanicals , no crashes, just hootin, hollerin, bashin and boooombin!
    So glad we have such great places to ride and wonderful friend to share them with!
    IMTBTRAILS ROCK!
    BaaaaaaallllllllZZZZ BABY!

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.jpg

2. rossage

rossage iMTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    That's a great day at Chilao. I can feel the stoke from here!

3. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Gotta post a pic of that Process !!!

Tom the Bomb, mike and Mikie like this.
  4. Grego

Grego Well-Known Member

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    I also wanted to hit Chilao yesterday with @Mikie and @Voodoo Tom but too many hours at work beat me down and I ended up doing nothing.:( So when I saw TTB post another Chilao invite, I jumped on it, @VTTS too. One of our favorite places. Great to see @redwoods show up as well, been a while... We all Pr'd up the initial pavement to 3 Points. Guess we could not wait to hit dirt. Up to the tank and down Silver Moccasin's twisty turny chunky single track. The crew kicked ass. All smiles!!! I cleaned all my problem turns. Now for the Wall. It got me again.:mad: F' it, I'm done with it. Lets get some flowy tech down Hillyer.:) Followed the boys through some new lines. Finally figured out the spine and down non-stop and clean. So fun we went back for a session. Further down we checked more lines over some rollers. Good stuff! Weaving through enjoying the trails twisting descents and a sight of a woman standing on hear head.o_O At the bottom we decided to give Hillyer another run, and one more try at the wall. This time I powered through. Yeah FU Wall! Down Hillyer again was even more fun. Said "Hi" to the McGuirres.:thumbsup: then more twisty rocky rollery (is that a word?) goodness as before!! We still had another run in us so took the pavement back up to Silver Moccasin for another descent. Badass I tell ya, what more could you ask for? Good times!!!

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

5. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Doug Lake
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB-66
  6. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Yep missed you Doug.

hill^billy and Mikie like this.
  7. redwoods

redwoods Member

Name:
    Pat
    Current Bike:
    Kona Process 153
  8. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    @redwoods rides bikes?? Last time I saw him was on Labor Day weekend as he was walking past our camp headed to Gray's Peak....:rolleyes::whistling::)

BTW Nice job guys! Looks fun!

Old&InTheWay, herzalot, Grego and 5 others like this.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c, SC Hightower
    :eek:Uhhh, I'm going to need proof of this.;) No pics or vid, no proof. :whistling:
    We have plenty of documentation of this ride but mysteriously none of the Wall. hmmm.

It would be nice to get up there and take the time to session some rock rolling goods!

10. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    I will back him up on that!

11. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Good stuff Pat!

12. redwoods

redwoods Member

Name:
    Pat
    Current Bike:
    Kona Process 153
    :laugh: Yup! I'd ridden it full-squish, SS, and now w/o wheels a couple times! But as far as riding bikes, I only play one on TV. Or...something. :p

13. Grego

Grego Well-Known Member

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Too fast! By the time they turned the cameras on, I was already up the hill.:p

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I enjoyed that. I need to make the commitment to get up there and ride that stuff. Of course, y'all would be waiting for me. :confused:

...or not.

15. rossage

rossage iMTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    If you park in Chilao, where the Silver Moccasin trail crosses the road, you can ride Hillyer and the rocky switchbacks, in a 6.5 mile loop that gains about 800ft each lap.
    No excuses. Chilao is as good as it gets in SoCal.
    Get some!

16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    My excuses have nothing to do with where to park and how much elevation (well, keeping it under 4000' would help). My excuses have to do with taking the time to drive up - ride - and drive back. I will do it, but I won't do it often. Just need the right time and guides. :thumbsup:

17. rossage

rossage iMTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    What I'm saying is, if you have the time, you will not be disappointed by spending it in the Angeles high country.
    Guide services are contingent on cosmic alignments, but possible.

18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Oh, I totally agree. Chilao looks especially fun, but some of that stuff you guys post has so much exposure, I'm afraid of falling off my barstool just viewing your photos!