That other site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Nov 5, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That other site seems to be functional again. Personally, I like the vibe here, and the direction that Mikie seems to be going... And, I hope the STR refugees will stay. Screw the other site.

Steve

2. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I'm done with the "others".
    Like it here too.
    Too little too late, IMO.

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    It's ok to have a girlfriend and a mistress.....just don't let the wife know.

4. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I had a feeling there were people here USING the site so to communicate until STR was back up and running :thumbdown:. Oh well! Human nature? There is a crap load of info on STR. Maybe they will work on a better vibe to represent the community? This is my home! Mikie cares, I'm pretty sure IMTB will grow no matter. Great job Mikie :thumbup:

5. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Let me be the first to ask. How many threads will there be about the "other site"?

6. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    All nice things to say. I genuinley appreciate the support and kind words.
    Like I stated over on the STR facebook page, I have worked very hard to build this site completely on my own.
    This site is dedicated to a positive experience and has a dedicated Mountain Biker that runs it.

No doubt it's great that STR is back up and running. I hope it stays up and running.
    Here we will attack issues, never each other.
    This will always be a site of encouragement and friendship and I offer my MTB home to you... :cool:
    You are always welcome.

-Mikie
    Bike On!

7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Mikie does care, and has positive stoke for everything iMtbTrails.

Now that I know there are Ventura riders on here, I'll be looking for someone to show me Da Sh*t there very soon!

8. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Mikie is the genuine real deal and so are the few guys that I have had the pleasure to meet and ride with on this site.
    He picked me up in the middle of Big Bear and said “Hey tag along”. Rossage looked over and had no clue where I came from. For a second there I think he thought the vapor was getting to him. :)
    This site will survive regardless of other ones, too great an attitude here.

9. BIKEMONSTER

BIKEMONSTER Member

Name:
    BIKEMONSTER
    Current Bike:
    Vintage Stumpjumper
    Two thumbs up Mikie :!: Congrats on all the success of your site.

Love the new front page.

Ride on MTB Brothers...

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

As long as you post your ride reports over here, I won't need the other woman!

11. 9er

9er Newbie

Name:
    Neal Moffett
    I stand with Mikie...

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I'm here, I'm Que... wait a minute, that's not true. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's who you are.

I will stay here. Mikie, that may present a problem as others may flee as a result of my declaration to stay here. :?

13. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey everybody,
    I'm overwhelmed with your kindness. What makes any Forum awesome is the charisma of it's members and you guys knock that way out of the park! There was no doubt that STR would get patched back together in preparation for another hit, without the love to maintain and upgrade the software it's just a matter of time again.
    I don't blame people for jumping back, it's not STR, it's loyalty to each other and what's comfortable. I am grateful that they chose Imtbtrails as their next home, what a compliment!

Through all of this the very last thing I want to see is an adversarial mentality between the sites. We are mountain bikers, not North and South Korea for God's sake! :D

STR got very dark for a while and I even fell into that trap a couple of times. The world is pretty messed up right now but our world of MTB is what we can make it!

I say we keep doing what we are doing. Explore and share everything cycling. Rib each other and ourselves. People will come and go. Great people attract great people and you guys are GREAT people. Imtbtrails will only EVER be great because of YOU!

Oh, and we have to figure out a demerit system if Herzalot is choosing to stay.... :lol:

14. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    I go where Herzy goes, we just do that w each other <wink wink> ...

Mikie, you're an incredible human being w compassion, understanding and are genuine, that is so unique in this day and tech age ... Bless you.

I'm staying!!

15. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Awww crap. This site ain't big enough for the both of us. I'm out!

(j/k Love ya Rox and thanks for the compliment - and agree with your comments about Mikie)

16. Carbonlegs

Carbonlegs Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Mario
    "Screw the other place" Only opens the door to start bashing STR. I only hope it does not go that rout = )

Thanks.

(just saying)

17. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Guys,
    Please do not worry. We are not going there. STR is our OC family...
    It's an emotional responce and we are over it.

I am the imtbtrails moderator and we are cyclist across the board. It's all good brothahs and sistahs!

18. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    I don't think we'd ever bash on the people who are at STR. It's just the guy who runs that site which people seem to have issues with.

Forums are like public bathrooms. They see a lot of traffic and need constant cleaning. STR management is MIA in terms of cleaning and hasn't delegated to willing parties to do the dirty work.

19. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

You are correct... It was an emotional response, and I should know better. I've been around the inter tubes since before they were all connected...

p.s. We've never met, but I really enjoyed your ride reports from your new home. I've stayed at the Red Rock a couple times. I'm taking a bike next visit, just not sure if it will have fat tires or skinny tires.

20. SCPivot

SCPivot Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c
    Very cool, I'm here to stay...

21. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    I am OK with STR getting back to it's smaller more personal OC centric self that it was when it first started. This site is excellent for it's broader So-Cal reach.

Dean

22. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

This probably sums up why I like the vibe here. I've only been on the mountain bike for about 3 years, and I've only explored a small corner of the OC trails. I'd love to branch out, and I can see that happening if I keep reading some of these threads!

23. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Oh Mr. Faust29,
    We will come to your home at "O" dark thirty when you least expect it, kidnap you AND your bike and gear, take you on amazing Epics, then later we will shovel grinders and brew and talk fashizzle about orselves and each other then recap it in an Epic ride Report. Ohhhhhh, you will ride, yes . . . You Will ride! :cool:

24. Carbonlegs

Carbonlegs Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Mario

No worries, when ever you are in Vegas and looking to ride- hit me up.

Cheers

25. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

Faust was a character from literature who sold his soul to the devil for riches, fame, and glory! What did I sign up for here? I'm in!

26. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    If you have been on STR since it was basically a Laguna Beach site you know that we settle our differences with a hunkoff. Big air wins, no dab...name your favorite Laguna launch? Laguna Ridge Trail has been the standby but open to suggestions.

27. Earn Your View

Earn Your View Member

Name:
    Bryan
    Current Bike:
    2013 Charge Cooker
    That's adorable!

000822.jpg

28. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Wow Dean, I didn't know you went that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's who you are. Kind of fits with the Laguna reputation however. Should I send some Chippendales dancers for the hunkoff, or maybe some firefighters? :lol:

29. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    You need to realize that things said on the internet are not biased in reality and are done for attention and effect.

Dean

30. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Yes we are!!

He was the first person that got me and I him on STR. We are the best of friends - nothing more nothing less.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?