Thank god this guy was a road biker

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Jun 6, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    This guy is so wrong on so many levels, it's mind-boggling. Caught on camera assaulting young women who are posting flyers. Way to support every negative stereo-type of angry privileged white guy on a bike.

Cyclist caught on video assaulting 3 people posting flyers

Angels weep. Not going to take this into political territory to talk about pros and cons of any position - rather people need to stop assaulting each other.

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Maybe they were littering..?

3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Saw that on Twitter a couple of days ago.
    They outed two guys and were wrong.
    Kinda ruined their lives.
    Third guy was the correct one.
    So, when guys are shitheads, make sure It's the right one.

BonsaiNut and DangerDirtyD like this.
  4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Wow. Read the follow-up story here:

Incorrect information and public bike-tracking app tag the wrong biker

Turns out (at least in one case) the Police mistakenly sent out the wrong date (6/2/2020, when the incident took place 6/1/2020) and this guy used a bike ride tracking app that made his rides public. He rode the same trail a day AFTER the incident... and people thought he was the guy.

We must align in the fight for justice and equality — but not at the cost of due process and the right to privacy and safety.”

As for the woman who shared his home address: She deleted it and posted an apology, writing that in all of her eagerness to see justice served, she was swept up in the mob that so gleefully shared misinformation, depriving someone of their own right to justice. Her correction was shared by fewer than a dozen people.

Perhaps another reason why you might want to think twice about public Strava profiles.

Rumpled, Mikie, Stkx66 and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?