Tapia Opening - Stars & Stripes - Today, 6FEB2022, 4PM

Discussion in 'Trail Maintenance' started by AKAKTM, Feb 6, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    Today at 4pm, a group will be opening the new Stars and Stripes trail near the towers (see trail map). The trail is open and being ridden. Today a flag will go up along with a small area which will eventually have a picnic table. Be there at 4PM today to see the flag (and associated light) go up!

Tapia-Canyon-MTB-Trails-Map.jpg

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    OMG - A new trail in So Cal that's open to mt bikers? How did that happen?

3. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
  4. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I’ve ridden it and it’s pretty fun. With the construction going on Kona is not rideable anymore near the intersection of creekbed. It’s nowhere near burned in yet but this trail has some of the Kona flow mixed with some of the G-out roller coaster action. Led by the same couple guys who created most of the trails lots of hands made pretty short work of cutting it in. The same group of old rippers have put the Strava times pretty much out of reach for mere mortals.

Mikie, Luis, Bluesrider and 4 others like this.
  5. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    Your dad and Randy were instrumental Tom. I got to be a part of it too. There's a GREAT community up here. If Randy and I can be in the top 10, you can!

@herzalot the City of Santa Clarita is super MTB friendly and regularly asks our MTB trail crew (SCV Trail Users) to design and build new trails on the ~10,000 acres of open space they've acquired. Couple that with the nearby ANF and there's a great deal of riding up here with lots more potential!

Thanks,
    Tony

Mikie, Luis, Bluesrider and 4 others like this.
  6. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Maybe if I had a chance to ride it more but for now I'll settle for being one of the faster guys without a motor and only one gear.:Roflmao Seriously though good job guys. I especially like seeing so many of the kids involved in helping...:thumbsup:

Mikie, Luis, AKAKTM and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?