'Sup Fellas and Fellettes!!!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by RIGID, Jan 18, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. RIGID

RIGID Member

Name:
    bandman
    I'm hearing good stuff about this brand. Is that a 27.5? I had a 4130 Nimble 9 and thought it was a bit overly built for my liking, it would not play well with me. I'm hearing that this is not the case for the Heyduke and the new Japhy. I'm starting to realize that it's no longer about the material but more about the builder that make great bikes.

herzalot, Cyclotourist and Mikie like this.
  2. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    @RIGID, I love this bike. It is a 27.5+ but I have not run it that way and may never. The only true difference from the Hayduke to the Japhy is the Japhy is 29+, not sure I would even want to go that route. The bike is really compliant and just rides great. The quality of the paint seems like it could be a little better but that is minor. I want to get a 130 fork for the front and then I think it will be there for me. I traded up to this from a older Niner Sir 9 and they are night and day. The geometry probably has a lot to do with that though. This seems to be a very versatile frame from 27.5+, 15mm of sliding dropouts, mounts for bikepacking and the ability to do SS or geared. Also, I have a 150mm dropper, I think it could easily go 180mm.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?