Stolen YETI 575 & Specialized Hardrock bikes...Help? Advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian Moldes, Mar 19, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Christian Moldes

Christian Moldes Newbie

Name:
    Moldy
    Current Bike:
    Yeti 575
    Hi all...I'm guessing this happens often and there isn't much to do about it after-the-fact, but last night as I was asleep my two mountain bikes were stolen from inside my building. The locks were sawed off and, well, I'm Sh!t outta luck and really bummed out.

If any of you happen to come across these bikes online, craigslist/ebay, et.al. (I live in Mar Vista, westside LA between Culver City & Venice Beach) I would love a heads up! Unfortunately I never registered the bikes on Bike Index (just found out about that) and don't have the serial numbers/records as the bikes were well used and relatively old (between 7-10 years respectively) so I never thought to do it.

I've also called some local bike shops to keep an eye out. Here are some pics of my bikes below:

Yeti 575 full.jpg

IMG-3111.JPG

IMG-3113.JPG

Spcialized Hardrock 1.jpg

Spcialized Hardrock 2.jpg

DangerDirtyD and Danmtchl like this.
  2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Sorry to read...

Danmtchl and Sidewalk like this.
  3. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    If you have renters insurance those should be covered. Photos should be proof enough and you can get estimates from your local bike shop. If you do not have adequate renters insurance you're sol. Sorry to hear, bike thieving blows.

4. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    That sucks, and that storage doesn't look to secure (obviously). I live near you so I'll keep my eyes open. Does the building have security cameras? Or neighbouring businesses?

Everyone needs to take a second right now and take a photo of your bike serial numbers and upload that photo into the cloud.

5. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Sorry to hear.. Unfortunately if the bikes are in plain sight and/or in a place that can be accessed they are sitting ducks.

Try using searchtempest.com to search ads for them. It will search all of Craigslist and ebay in the area you specify. Friend of mine found her stolen bike using this on San Francisco craigslist, with a local (SD) phone number.

Cyclotourist and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?