Stolen mtbikes!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikie Robin Mcguire, Jul 1, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Please! our mtbikes were stolen in the middle of the nite while we were sleeping. In our home here in La crescenta where we have lived for over 42yrs Got in our locked Garage in a locked room. . Please! keep on eyes on graig's list or ebay. 2013 specialize 29r S WORKS medium full carbon & 2011 small S works 26er & 2010 medium stump jumper .. thank you! We are bummed to the max

uploadfromtaptalk1435806387678.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435806396417.jpg

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Awww crap - that sucks!!!!!! Thieves need to be gutted. Your IMTB friends will do what we can to help. Sorry for the assault on your stuff and your faith in humanity. :x

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    VERY unhappy about this...scoundrels! :(

4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Completely sucks, the feeling of violation and insecurity is as bad as the loss of material goods.
    I believe in Karma, and they are going to get theirs in spades

5. Makoto

Makoto Member

Name:
    Mike
    +1

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I will watch the local ads...

That bites... :evil:

7. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    WTF?
    Really sucks this happened to you guys :(. Amazing they broken in like that. Need to set booby traps or have alarms now days I guess.

8. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Yes, what everyone else has said. So sorry to read about the violation. Hoping you get these back soon!!!

PSA to you/everyone else to register their bikes on bike index: https://bikeindex.org The more bikes on there, the more police depts. will use it, the better the results.

9. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    Will be looking on craig, ebay and pink bike for sure !!!

10. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

LET ME AT THEM! Second thought I don't want to go to jail, I hope they get GOOD what's coming to them! Sorry it's always the nicest people who get targeted. SUCKS!

11. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    So sorry to hear about this devastating loss.

12. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    No Bueno.

Did they take other items or do you believe the bikes where targeted? With bikes as expensive as they are this problem is not going away. Another problem is people buy bikes from Craig's list happy they got a deal and never check to see if they bike they bought was stolen. Wonder how many shops run serial numbers during repairs to see if they are on <a class="postlink" href="https://bikeindex.org/stolen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://bikeindex.org/stolen</a>

Very sorry for you Mike and Robin....this sucks. You both have too much good MTBing karma to deserve this. You both give so much to the MTBing community.

Dean

13. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    This is terrible. It's happened to several here in the Castaic area also. Get a job and earn your own money and buy your own damn bikes like the rest of us had too instead of stealing from two such great people. Karma will catch up to them...

14. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    That just plain sucks! Sorry. It may be a bit barbaric but maybe your chainsaw should be taken to their (thieves) thumbs!

15. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    So so sorry ...

I'm terrified this will happen to me. I'd kill myself w/o my bikes!!

16. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Mc G and Robin, I'm sorry for your loss. This area isn't what it used to be. Just had a break in at my neighbors house a few weeks ago. :evil: I'll keep my eyes peeled, I live close by.

17. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Thank you! all for the support. . Signed up on the link dean. Thank you! LOVE our IMTB family. Please take care of You all & be safe. . Hugs from mcg & me

18. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Also try searching on this site, it aggregates craigslist, ebay and other searches in one based on search criteria. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.searchtempest.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.searchtempest.com/</a>

Sorry to hear about your lost bikes!

Like Gene on STR did, visit all the pawn, second hand stores and bike shops in your area and give them the info on your bikes so they can keep an eye out

19. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    It almost makes me think it's someone you guys might know. Only because they knew the bikes were in a locked room inside the garage... :cry: :cry: :cry:

20. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    That really sucks. sorry about your losses. When my road bike was stolen, I searched craigslist everyday for weeks. problem is, there are so many bikes on craigslist and so many different communities to search in.

I was just looking at GPS trackers. I guess something like that has a limited battery life. sure would be nice to track those kind of scumbags down.

this looks cool.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp</a>

21. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Every time a new message in this thread pops up, I keep hoping for some good news...

22. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Name:
    mikie and robin
    We still haven't got our bikes back :( , but Mr.Mcg took me to our Angeles National Forest to get a much needed big HUG from my Best friend forever. Thank you! Best Medicine Ever. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1436131795560.jpg

23. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I'm jealous of that stupid bear!

24. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    Be care full Mike some peoples grief take them in weird directions. Plushophilia

Dean

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah ah hah! Funny Dean!

26. horseracer

horseracer Newbie

Name:
    Tracy Jones
    Had three bikes stolen from my garage last month. took the high end models and left my son's mtb , bmx bike and lower end dh mtb bike. My insurance co. is SLOWLY beginning to help replace bikes... very frustrating!!.. feel totally violated.. There has been a slew of bike thefts here in the Antelope Valley lately. Wish these thugs would get caught.

27. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    That is why searchtempest.com is great, it allows you to search all of Craigslist and ebay at once.

Someone I know was able to locate their bike on San Fran CL, listed with a San diego phone number.

28. horseracer

horseracer Newbie

Name:
    Tracy Jones
    Here are photos of bikes stolen from my garage last month.... As I was sleeping , btw.. Scarry... Stolen from Rosamond , CA

trek.jpg

ruby.jpg

yeti.jpg

29. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Name:
    mikie and robin
    So sorry about your bikes being stolen! Horseracer, It makes me sick,, Wish we could get the scumbags. . We all work so hard for the things we need & we work harder & for the things we want. .and these scums feel no shame in just taking .. We also were asleep & they took our high end bikes & left our old klunkers ,, ..We hope you get your bikes back as well .. .Let's keep our eye's peeled for Horseracer's bike's as well.. Thank you!

30. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Name:
    mikie and robin
    I can use a Mr. Watson hug..thank you! XO, Robin

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?