Stan's No Tubes "Dart" plug system...

Discussion in 'Pumps' started by mtbMike, Jan 30, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I couldn't figure out where to put this but I had a 1/2" sidewall cut on my rear tire about 12 miles into our Palm Canyon ride yesterday. One of the other guys in the group had one of the "Dart" plugs by Stans. I have no idea how it works but that thing held on for 19 miles, all the way back to the house. Two thumbs up based on my limited experience!! https://www.notubes.com/dart

2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Cool I got one for Xmas and haven’t used it yet. My luck with bacon is hit or miss…

herzalot, Faust29, Obsidian and 2 others like this.
  3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I've used it, or I should say tried to use it several times. It only worked once and that was on a gravel bike tire. I tried using it on my Rekon Race and the plug just kept pulling off the plastic carrier.
    I replaced it with a Dynaplug and could not be happier. They're expensive but the convenience and ease of use are worth every penny.

herzalot, Faust29, mtbMike and 3 others like this.
  4. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I went to AutoZone and use a tire plug. Not enough time in the field to conclude, but it worked after one ride. @mtbMike , do you know if the plug design was original or current?

Sidewalk, Faust29 and mtbMike like this.
  5. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    No idea. It looked like the one on the link/website with “feathery” ends.

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    I have Dynaplugs myself but haven’t tried it on a sidewall. He offered up the Dart so I said let’s give it a whirl. I wasn’t expecting much in the sidewall.

herzalot, Danimal, UPSed and 2 others like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    That sounds like the original design. They reduced the frayed edges of the plug, and folks claim it’s poopier now.

Obsidian, Danimal and mtbMike like this.
  8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Nice to hear, I have one I carry on rides, but haven't had to use it.
    They darts react with Stan's sealant. So if its dry, or not stans, then may not work as expected.

herzalot and Obsidian like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I have had exactly one flat since going tubeless in 2016. That was on the rear of my Megatower just before my 2020 disaster. I tried fixing the flat with tire bacon. Didn't work. @Bill had a Dart. It worked perfectly and I just left it installed over my next several rides, and ultimately sold the bike with the Dart in place.

I bought a Dart. I used it to help someone else on the trail. It worked. :thumbsup:

Bu this thread reminds me - my tires haven't spun in over a month. I am guessing the Stans has solidified. :(

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?