Some Gab

Discussion in 'Videos' started by SnakeCharmer, Apr 24, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    My new favorite local ride.

Danmtchl, Bluesrider, Carson and 8 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    What a classic route... :thumbsup:

3. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Awesome, thanks for posting these! The lower section sure looks in great shape. Amazing the work that's been done on the landslide section. I think I said after I did that ride that it's a once or twice a year type ride for me. It's definitely time.

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    When we rode it a few weeks back, I thought the poison oak was going to cover the trail in spots. It wasn't any worse this time... There's a lot of it, but with long sleeves and pants it's doable.

Whoever has been doing the trail work has done an incredible job. The trees on Strawberry are just about all gone, as are the trees on the Gabrielino. You can actually get some very long flow sections now...

5. Carson

Carson Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Carson
    Current Bike:
    Funk La Ruta+
    That descent into Long Canyon (beginning of first video) needs a good weed whack. Next. Folx have done what they can on Colby/Strawberry/Gab w/out chainsaws and even still what's left is probably Sawyer C/Hotshots territory in terms of size and complication. Glad y'all are enjoying it!

FYI some nutters are connecting wild 40mi+ 8k+ elev. routes now that include trails on Lukens, Hoyt, Strawberry, and the front range. You get some fire road climbs and little tiny snippets on macadam but it's like 98% singletrack and srs bznz.

Frinstance: Start at Windsor lot like you were gonna ride El Prieto. Head up the Gab instead and climb up to ACH via Gould Mesa. Ride ACH a bit and then climb Lukens TT from the fire station. Down Grizzly Flats Rd, up Hoyt Mtn Rd, down Telephone Tr, up Nature's Canteen and cross the ACH again at Clear Creek. Drop into Switzer's and ride out on the Gabrielino, straight back to car. Or tack on the Strawberry Loop from Clear Creek if you're feeling punchy, THEN ride out the Gab. Madness.

6. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I need Some Gab, anyone possibly riding this mid-week give a shout out. I’m game

7. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I can say without a doubt now that going DH on the Gab is more fun than going uphill on it. :facepalm::D

8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'm going to need another run up it to be certain. Maybe next weekend. :D

9. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    How about that route that Carson suggested. :eek:

Bluesrider likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?