SOLD! Ibis DV9, Large

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by buggravy, Jul 19, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I'm tired of over-thinking this, so I'm going to rip the bandaid off. I have adored this bike when I was riding it consistently, but I think I've reached the conclusion that it is too much counterpoint to my Smash, and at my stage of skill development I'm doing myself a disservice trying to reacclimate each time I hop back on now that the Smash is primary again. It's not doing any favors to my already jacked up neck either. So, here goes. Approximate mileage is included beside each component, as it has been upgraded from it's original GX stock build in various stages. As most of the miles are fire road/rehab miles, the bike is quite pristine.

Ibis DV9 Large, Bone/Teal colorway (300 miles)
    Ibis 942 Carbon wheels w/2.6 Nobby Nic/Hans Dampf (300 miles)
    Bike Yoke Revive 125mm dropper (300 miles)
    X01 Eagle w/175mm carbon cranks (200 miles)
    Sram Level TLM brakes/Centerline X 180/160 rotors (200 miles)
    Fox 34 Stepcast 120 fork (100 miles)
    Race Face Next R carbon bars trimmed to 780 & RF Turbine R 50mm stem (100 miles)

Does not include pedals, and saddle/grips will be swapped out for stock Ibis ones (all negotiable).

$3,200 for local sale

Couple cost reducing swap out options: Ibis Hifi Carbon bars & 50mm Ibis stem, -$150. Shimano M6000 brakes, -$150.

I MIGHT be open to selling frame only for $750, but that's more of a last resort. Pics leave a little to be desired. Just some quick snaps after cleaning it up today. Happy to take more detailed pics upon request.

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6422.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6424.jpg

scan, Redman, Diytypeofguy and 17 others like this.
  2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    @Mikie can you please please please block my access to viewing this thread quickly...

Dang @buggravy that thing is a beauty and will sell quickly. I get where you’re coming from though always trying to re acclimate. My life was easier when the only bike I had was the Ripley. There was no thinking involved as to what bike I was gonna ride any given day. I bet you’re neck pain is a big factor in this decision.

3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Beautiful scooter! It should sell quickly. Then your bicycle angst will return as you decide which short-travel 29er you're gonna get!

GiddyUp, Ranger!

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Fixed it for you. :whistling:

5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I got to see this bike today (perhaps for the last time) and I got to hammer up a big hill on it today. It's the real deal! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    It's no small part of this, for sure.

Thanks. The next move, should there be one, would probably be fairly easy actually. One thing I've deduced, at least for me, is that keeping geometry pretty similar is important. Therefore the Ranger and its steeper HTA is out. IF there's to be another bike, I think it would be either a Spur or a lightweight build of a Trail Pistol. I actually pre-ordered a Spur a day or so after it was announced, as it was a no $ pre-order, with a September ETA, so I wanted to get my name in the queue while I decide. Really I could easily accomplish 90% of what I want with another, lighter wheel/tire set for my Smash to use for longer rides (and possibly spare shock/fork). But that's way less fun. Or maybe I should just sell the frame and try a slacked out Ti hard tail. Actually, maybe you're right about the angst thing.

False.

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    If there was anything that made me fall in love with it more than anything, it was its ridiculous climbing/power transfer.

8. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    what year is the frame?

i have a deposit on this color with XT build... its taking a long time to arrive.

9. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Yep. That's the same way I feel about my Lauf. :whistling:

10. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I'm very open to correction on this, but my understanding is that Ibis just goes by version #, and not model year. This frame was born in late 2019, and is exactly the frame that is on sale now, but I don't know if it would be considered a 2019 or 2020, if there's a differentiation.

11. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    >>"Then your bicycle angst will return as you decide which gravel bike you're gonna get!"<<

Trade you my Hakka for it! You live in the land of FireRoads, its perfect! :)
    hakka  xx.jpg

12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Decisive action!!! Way to move the gear forward, pal. Nice deal on a nice bike, too. :thumbsup:

The way less fun way sounds like an awesome interim challenge. These Pistol owners tripping over themselves to make something light out of that same front tri... :rolleyes::p XC Smash would slay anything at your weight. If you're already thinking ti shredder, a few turns on the vendetta could seal it. If I had it to do again I'd pay more for the Middlechild for more tire clearance. :geek:

Epic digression...happy selling! :thumbsup:

13. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Really though, what is a for sale thread without a deep dive into the void left behind? And for the record, let it be known that I fully recognize the foolishness of chasing something that already exists in the Smash. The TP lite idea wouldn't so much be a lycra'd out version of a bike that simply isn't light, a la the Race SL. More like a proper lightweight trail build (little divergence from their "Race" build with carbon wheels and fast rolling tires), as opposed to the 36/DPX2 DHF/DHRII clad version of the Pistola I originally got. Familiar, but different.

Hypothetically, if I was to look at a Ti HT, the Bearclaw Buck Macho has my eye, and all parts from the DV9 should transfer over easily. That gives me the geo, and maybe some more compliance with the Ti, but would I be jumping from the frying pan to the fire with my neck? Obvious obstacle, or worthy experiment? First things first, for now.

14. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    He’s selling the gravel bike.

15. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Ten-four. Frame should sell readily. As would the bike. You know your injury/condition better than anyone. FWIW, I was not hopeful about riding hardtails, but I am able to do it with the Coast dropper. Maybe it would help cervical injuries as it does my lumbar. I feel it activate at least a few times on every ride and can say it does eliminate punishment. I suspect it activates more often than I detect. But yes, the ti frame was key – much softer than the Pedalhead. Check PNW's Cycled store for refurbed Coast post?

They're so useful and fun, it's hard to not have a hardtail. (With respect to @herzalot.) Hardy riders may not care what the frame is made of, power to them. Busted up/aged guys may have to care. You know this, Matt. Carry on with the process... :thumbsup:

16. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    NOOOOOooooooooooooo!
    We could have been family! :cry:

17. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    We might have our day yet. If it doesn't sell in short order I'm going to throw a Works Components -2.0 angled headset on it and see how I like that. This bike has been an experiment from the get go, so I may just keep that train rolling.

18. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I assume if there was any IMTBer interest I'd have heard, but for anyone quietly considering I have a serious sounding prospective buyer from Pinkbike coming to check out the bike on Sunday, so plan accordingly if you're considering. I also weighed the bike per request today, and it came to 24.4lbs, with pedals and water bottle cage (and fatty tires). She light.

19. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I know @Fueledbyex8 was coveting a friend of our's light weight HT recently....

20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for the bonus bump, Matt.

Way to make it happen. Put that angleset $ toward your new, slacked-out frame. :sneaky::thumbsup:

21. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    As with much of life these days, the future is uncertain. And just like that my prospective buyer bought a Hightower. I like the slacked out Ti hardtail frame idea, but I'd probably need a new fork also. I feel like the angleset is at least a worthwhile experiment, maybe just to show me that anglesets are a bad idea. Word on the streets is that New Millenium just opened for business. Stout climbs, buff single track, and as close to home as it gets. The argument could be made that it would be hard to find a better bike for that trail than a DV9. As the world turns.

22. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I’m in, let’s go!

23. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    @buggravy is your DV9 still available? I'm trying to find contact information for you. If so, shoot me a text at (nine 0 1) four 0 9 - four 4 9 8. I'm in SCV. Tony

24. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Bugz...
    I can vouch for this character...:thumbsup:

25. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I shared both of your numbers with each other. Hope that's okay.

26. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Nice hookup, Ed. All wins.

27. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Looks like she's sold. Gotta love easy peasy IMTB transactions.

Stkx66, mtnbikej, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  28. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
  29. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Congrats and condolences Matt ;)

Mikie, Danmtchl and buggravy like this.
  30. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Couldn’t go to a nicer guy Matt:thumbsup:. Hopefully he will like it so much that he’ll decide it’s ok to sell me his Ripley...:Roflmao

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?