Snow Summit 7/23

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by UPSed, Jul 24, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Going to make this short and sweet. Had an awesome time yesterday with Todd, Scottay, Luis and most importantly Rox! None of us had been to the bike park in it's current form so thankfully Rox was there to show us around. Having never met nor ridden with her we weren't sure how it would go. Needless to say she dropped all of us on the first couple of runs. Once we got somewhat comfortable we were almost able to keep her in sight. Thankfully she stopped a couple of times during each run so as not to lose us. We hit West Westridge, Partywave, and Miracle Mile with Rox then ventured off to hit Pirates and Fault Line by ourselves. Unfortunately Fault Line was closed so we ended up taking the last leg of Skyline to Fern then back to the lifts. By then Rox had departed. Having another 45 minutes before the lifts closed we decided to get a couple more runs in. Having too much fun there really wasn't time for pictures other than before and riding up the lifts.
    747d1a231f782e45056beec5fc87bdc9.jpg
    b74cad062371786e405f84fc858953e2.jpg
    Thanks so much Rox for showing us the lay of the land. Looking forward to riding with you again.

P.S. Not one time during any of our runs did the jumps talk back to us. Hardly lippy at all. [emoji12]

herzalot likes this.
  2. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    It was my pleasure. I thoroughly enjoyed ridin w you guys!! You're all skilled and capable riders. I'm glad I took you by surprise but it's only bc I ride there A LOT!!

I generally ride cautiously on new trails myself. When we gonna go again??

Note: Herz be glad you didn't go - scottay blasted and I mean BLASTED music from his speakers held in the mesh pockets of his Camelbak. I snickered how annoyed you would have been. I, on the other hand, didn't give a rat's arse!! He was having a good time! :cool:

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Soon I hope! Definitely want to try it on a DH bike.

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Tracer and/or Who Knows?
    That's just another example of how you're a much better human being than I.

5. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    My sentiments exactly. :lol:

6. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    I hope you bring Jennifer too!!

7. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Then we'll have to ride XC. [emoji1]

8. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    Since I had never ever had the chance to ride a bike park before, there was no way I could have passed on the opportunity. I didn't know what to expect. I had only seen a couple of videos of the place and it looked like fun, even though I don't consider myself much of a jumper.

Next time I will probably ride a DH bike instead of my Enduro, and buy a full face helmet, more pads, flats, shoes, goggles, a season park pass... damn, this sport can get expensive :)

oh, and I don't know what was more fun, listening to Scottay's music on the way down or having Rox behind me hooting and hollering and yelling "I'm gonna catch ya!!!"

9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Way to kick some boy azz Rox!

10. Grego

Grego iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    No green trail yet but at least they're building somethings for the beginners. Looks like a small gap jump and stepdown you can hit after Turtle, or take some small jumps and berms.

Edit: oops, didn't realize this was in ride reports. My bad. :?

GOPR2450.JPG

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Just my size! I can perfect my craft there, then take it to the bigger hits. Too bad it's under the lift where people will point and laugh. :oops:

Thanks for posting! :thumbup:

12. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    That's the expert line Herz, you need the beginner line which comes off of Small Wonder. No lippy jumps there! And after you're comfortable with those you can move to the intermediate line which you can also see in Grego's picture. ;)

13. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Maybe we should just get DH bikes? $1335 complete! <a class="postlink" href="http://www.airbornebicycles.com/compareproducts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.airbornebicycles.com/compareproducts</a>

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    The Pathogen is a pretty good imitation of the Transition TR 450 - a very respected DH bike. Get some!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.airbornebicycles.com/frame-pathogen-frameset-yellow-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.airbornebicycles.com/frame-p ... -yellow-15</a>

Transition TR450.jpg

Pathogen.jpg

15. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I should have left my SX hanging in the garage just in case.